Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
nope. gobi or nothin.

no one else can make one at that price point that does anything better. or at least they haven't yet

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Check out the Frontrunner option ... pretty slick, but does require a bumper mounted spare tire. Much lighter and less impactful (to bumper design) than the Gobi option, but maybe not everyone's cup of tea ... cheaper, too ($150-$180 vs. $210-$230 for the Gobi if memory serves ... don't quote me on prices)

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Check out the Frontrunner option ... pretty slick, but does require a bumper mounted spare tire. Much lighter and less impactful (to bumper design) than the Gobi option, but maybe not everyone's cup of tea ... cheaper, too ($150-$180 vs. $210-$230 for the Gobi if memory serves ... don't quote me on prices)
there is a bit on conflicting information on that website,
in the specs it states that it will fit tires from 24" to 35 " and in the instalation instruction PDF the it states that will fit 24-32" tires

make sure you confirm the max tire size if your going to order

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Lol I bet. I'll test on mine after I get my shrockworks tire carrier. That way I can make sure it's compatible. Anybody have any cons with the gobi I can take into account to work out?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
that and I though they might have a pattent or somthing similar to their ladders, I know there was a thread somewhere that this discussion was already being discussed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gobi Laddder

I jumped on the Gobi ladder group buy awhile back, no hassle install and perfect fit, I'd do it again

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
you can just contact GOBI directly to get a ladder. you'll most likely talk to Sue. I think i got mine for $180ish shipped from them directly.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Direct sales might be cheaper. The other websites are just the middleman with a bit of meat tossed on the bone for them probably.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lol I bet. I'll test on mine after I get my shrockworks tire carrier. That way I can make sure it's compatible. Anybody have any cons with the gobi I can take into account to work out?
Yeah. The price. I know making stuff isn't cheap, but I can't justify a ladder that I'd only use once a month for that much money.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts