Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy who makes these, currently he has three stages of brightness, however the brightest bulb can only come in white. I was discussing earlier with him that if I peaked enough interest in them if he could get us a discount and he agreed. Just wondering how many people would be interested in swapping out their dome lights with bright l.e.ds

·
on line
152 Posts
There was a guy around here while ago that did this, Shadow or something if i remember. Im not a big fan. The lights in there work fine for me.

·
on line
432 Posts
I've got the bulbs from SuperBrightLEDs in there now. They werent bright enough at first but I soon realized they are perfect for better night vision. I am simply going to install other lights for use when needed outside of the map/dome setup.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I bought mine a few months ago and they are all as bright as the stock ones but draw 1/4 th the power and are a pure clean white light vice the warmer yellow-white of the stock bulbs.

I used the high power LED festoon bulbs 31mmx10mm that put out 24 lumens each. For the middle I used a 9 LED array that pumps out 120 lumens but it required that I take off the bayonet connection and put on a festoon. These 9 LED arrays also come in red (14 lumens) and amber (15 lumens).

The tape holds the LED's square in the housing.

They're really bright lit up.

I've been though three different festoon LEDs looking for a good one.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll get the details here in the next couple days, i'm heading out of town. I did discuss tho "group discount" and he said that would work but we didn't discuss price.

I'm having him make all the dome lights as well as the license plate lights.

·
on line
874 Posts
www.autolumination.com I have the lights from here...I got the 36 aray in the middle and back and 9 in each map light

very bright,,,,,almost too bright

·
on line
3,592 Posts
those would be nice in the back & Rear. The driver side map.. make in Red Or green for night driving. Vs the white. Or one side red the other white.

would they be easy to install? Or do I require the Trunk Monkey? to help?. :)

LED's are real nice, power savor etc... Wish the home lights would be made of these for Cheaper costs.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have red LED's through out and they work well. They are a little on the dim side, but that is the point right? I have my sureFire within arms length if I need more light.

·
on line
874 Posts
Chug said:
those would be nice in the back & Rear. The driver side map.. make in Red Or green for night driving. Vs the white. Or one side red the other white.

would they be easy to install? Or do I require the Trunk Monkey? to help?. :)

LED's are real nice, power savor etc... Wish the home lights would be made of these for Cheaper costs.
only tool you need is your fingers....and maybe a screwdirve to get the clear light covers off....no trunk monky required, unless you just wanna let him out of the trunk.... :naka:

·
on line
874 Posts

from the back

from the front

one of the 36 LED pack

·
on line
874 Posts
like i said www.autolumination.com
a lil side note...use electricl tape on the back side of the circuit board as to not short out any pins on the back of the led's
if any one has questions let me know...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts