Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use them? Hows noise? Reviews real good, price not bad.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
i knew a guy who had them on his f150 and they looked bad @$$. dont know anything about handling or price, i was only there for about a month after he got them then left.

·
on line
259 Posts
I was going to get them, but Kumho did not have them in CO and they wanted lots of $$$ for a special order.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thought I'd revive this thread.
I'm searching for new shoes now and the Kumho's came up. Same as OP, decent price, great reviews but want some personal opinions. So...Anyone running these?

·
Registered
215 Posts
There was a guy on here who had them. Think he was a Canadian and the truck got plowed while parked on the side of the road.
Posted via Mobile Device

Was this the guy with the black Xterra who had a black and white pic of it for a while? I loved his truck - hate to hear that it was wrecked.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm running those tires. I already have two weeks running them. Mines are LT265/75 and you can find them in PLY 8 or 10. I chose 8. The first two days I noticed the truck a little weird for turning when going at 60km/h or higher but I guess that's normal for those kind of tires when are new...
They look BA on they truck! I'll take a photo and post it so you can see them.

I will try them tomorrow and let you know how they perform in some mud since this was a rainy week here in Calgary!

Here are some pics

·
Registered
186 Posts
iirc, the reviews on tire rack for them are not great. they're pretty loud, and don't have great on-road traction, especially in the rain.
That's not what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't see that review. Out of all the reviews I've seen the bad reviews are WAAAAY outnumbered by the good ones.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So I went out to test'em today in some mud and they worked nicely! So now I can say that I like the Kumho KL71... but be sure you get the PLY 8 and not the PLY 10!
Good to hear!! Nice lookin' truck btw!
What is the difference between 8 and 10 ply though? (And no smart a$$ answers like 2 plys! I can figure that out myself :joker: )

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts