Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Keith (KokoPop) and John (Creek) for doing my front Shrock bumper install this weekend. As some of you may know, I had major hip surgery two weeks ago and am pretty useless in terms of doing anything along this level of install; no lifting, no bending over, no standing for over a few minutes on my crutches.
I put up a post for some help a while back and bam, Creek is in. The install went smoothly and Creek actually got his bumper in the week before and so he brought his over to Keith's to make a double feature! Thanks again guys, and again just want to point out how awesome the X followers are on this site! I absolutely LOVE my Shrock bumper, BTW!

·
on line
463 Posts
Wow ! Surgery sucks, and it couldn't been a worse time to do this ehh ?

Well, Glad to read that our fellow members could assist you !
Kudos Guys ! That's a Christmas Spirit !

Have Very Merry to Alll !
And a speedy Recovery to TXterra37 !

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Yo TX, very appreciative thanx, for the help and those are great guys--

--My wife has and is going to have more hip work done, just remember the 90 degree rule for your new hip--

--I hope you have an automatic !!!Merry Xmas--JIMBO

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Thats awesome. Good work guys! Thats the kind of stuff that makes all this an actual community, peopel helping others.

BUT, I've got to say it.....but this thread is worthless without pictures! :)

·
on line
1,420 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Keith (KokoPop) and John (Creek) for doing my front Shrockworks bumper install this weekend. As some of you may know, I had major hip surgery two weeks ago and am pretty useless in terms of doing anything along this level of install; no lifting, no bending over, no standing for over a few minutes on my crutches.
I put up a post for some help a while back and bam, Creek is in. The install went smoothly and Creek actually got his bumper in the week before and so he brought his over to Keith's to make a double feature! Thanks again guys, and again just want to point out how awesome the X followers are on this site! I absolutely LOVE my Shrockworks bumper, BTW!
cool!i need to check it out!

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the 90 degree thing sucks. I forget about it now since it doesn't kill to lean over, but when I do my incision wound reminds me later! And what a great community we have going here!

The only pic I have is the 'after' I took w/ my phone, all the 'during' pics are on my camera that I forgot to bring the USB cord for, but there are PLENTY of how-to's and during pics of this install!

And Jason, I will be back in San Antonio about Jan 15 if you haven't moved up to Dallas yet. Or is it Houston?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Wait... you are located in SA... isnt koko located in NJ??? how did he help??

glad to hear you are doing well... keep off your feet! (best to do that sitting in the X... LOL)

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Congrats and nice work guys!

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, my fiance and I are on a World Tour for holiday traveling. Went from San Antonio, TX --> Roanoke, VA --> Edgewater & Harrington Park, NJ --> Buffalo, NY. Next stops are --> NYC, NY --> Washington, D.C. -->Roanoke, VA (again) -->Richmond, VA --> Louisville & Columbia, KY --> then finally back to TX!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts