Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m looking to buy a Koyorad radiator for my 2007 SE and I’ve looked on THMotorsports and FRracing and they aren’t listing the Koyorad radiators anymore does anyone have a reliable website that sells the Koyorad radiator? I believe the part number is A2807

thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,384 Posts
I would not purchase the linked radiator. The seller is "Cooling Direct," not Amazon and I do not believe the company is an authorized dealer. Koyorad can confirm.

FRSport.com does list the Koyorad A2807 radiator, but shows "0" in stock. That doesn't mean that they can't get get one from Koyo or sell one to you, it simplly reflects supply side interruptions due to Covid-19. You should call them and ask about the actual situation rather than assume.

If you want to know if a particular seller is an authorized Koyorad deater, or if there are current inventory issues, you should call Koyorad directly.

CA: (888) 557-5696 NJ: (877) 896-6676.

·
on line
135 Posts
I ordered mine from NJ as well. Was here in 2 days. Let me see if I can find the invoice. If you speak to them nicely they'll give you free shipping and 10% off.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,384 Posts
1-800-Radiator distributes through independent local distributors. You have posted a photo of one of them

·
on line
135 Posts
Not an retailer which I'm familiar with.
For anyone interested in making an online purchase, here is a pic of the NY storefront

View attachment 128781

He's a authorized dealer for koyo. And thats a typical looking warehouse in NYC. Nothing wrong with that. Like I said you guys can order from anywhere. But in NYC you can negotiate anything. He literally sold me the radiator and a cooler and condenser for less than 200 shipped!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I called Koyo when I bought mine and they said the warranty would not be honored unless purchased from an authorized dealer. I called 1-800-radiator and they drove one to me in 2 hours.
Learned something new everyday! Didn't know about the warranty part. I thought whatever you buy, there's a warranty card in the box whether authorized or non-authorized dealer. Who knew...

·
Banned
2 Posts
I'm buying a 2008 Xterra automatic 4wd for$3000.00 today!, BUT If anybody is interested I ran across a 2014 automatic 4wd for$3500.00 ready to go, from a RN!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would not purchase the linked radiator. The seller is "Cooling Direct," not Amazon and I do not believe the company is an authorized dealer. Koyorad can confirm.
3 months later.... In both Canada and the USA, the "Ships from and sold by" is Amazon. Does that mean that if purchased from either Amazon.com or Amazon.ca, the warranty is respected? I emailed that question to both Koyorad and Amazon.com.

I can get the Koyorad A2807 radiator from amazon.ca for C$211. Alternatives are more expensive. Nissan OEM is probably near C$550 if I order from the USA. I am afraid to ask the dealership.

Nevertheless, if either Denso or Mishimoto or some other aftermarket brand is somehow 'better' than the Koyorad A2807, I am not so concerned about how expensive it is. Assuming more money buys more quality.

·
Super Moderator
4,384 Posts
Only Koyorad can tell you if they will honor their warranty on radiators purchased from Amazon.com.

Amazon will stand behind products "shipped and sold by Amazon.com" but whether that warranty is the equivalent of the Koyorad warranty only Amazon can say.

As far as which aftermarket radiator is "better," I have never heard Denso or Mishimoto described as better than Koyorad. I would doubt that they are.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I bought one of the ones from amazon and it seems legit.

its been in the truck about a year or so.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Good to know mtnbound.

Mr. Bills, I asked Amazon. This is the unhelpful reply I received:

We sent your question about Koyorad A2807 Radiator to other customers who bought the product and sellers of the product; unfortunately, none of them have responded yet.

Questions remain unanswered when we do not have enough customers to ask or when the question is particularly difficult to answer. At this point your question is unlikely to receive an answer, but it will remain posted on Amazon and we will notify you if anyone responds.

Thank you for shopping on Amazon!

Perhaps there is a better way of asking Amazon. .....

If Koyorad does not reply, I will try calling.

·
Super Moderator
4,384 Posts
Telephone Koyorad and ask. They have facilities in California and New Jersey. You will have your answer in minutes., and answers to any follow up questions as well.

Email is convenient, but sometimes a phone call is better

·
Registered
578 Posts
Are you all really that worried about a warranty on a $130 radiator? Or does the warranty cover damage to your transmission if they fail? Big difference there, I can't imagine they'd warranty damage to your transmission...

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
806 Posts
Are you all really that worried about a warranty on a $130 radiator? Or does the warranty cover damage to your transmission if they fail? Big difference there, I can't imagine they'd warranty damage to your transmission...
If you are not worried about $130, I’ll PM you my PayPal info. You can send it at your convenience. It’ll get put it to good use buying some ujoints and a rear DS cv. Thx!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts