Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just called radiator.com and the one they have is a Cryomax for $196.46.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You could call koyorad and ask if the seller (ships and sold by: express parts) from Amazon is an authorized dealer.

Also, FRSport has it for an extra $4.66 and they are authorized. That where I bought mine a month or so ago from.

Koyorad OEM Replacement Radiator Nissan Xterra 4.0L V6 AT 05-11

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
FYI: Last Monday I ordered one for my father's frontier (from frsport), backordered 1 to 2 weeks.
Just pulled the trigger on the Koyo from FRSport. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
FWIW here's my experience with ordering a Koyo A2807. I checked radiator.com and they don't seem to list it anymore. Called them up, and while they offered me several other brands that would be "equivalent", they don't seem to have any Koyos in stock.

I called Koyo directly and they were surprised at the experience I had in calling radiator.com. I asked them if FRSport is an authorized dealer and they confirmed they are, and that I should receive a genuine item.

Called FRSport and they say they do have it in stock, so I ordered one. $125 shipped.

Hopefully this works out, I'll update if there's an issue.

·
Registered
494 Posts
My advice to anyone looking for the Koyo rad is to just make a couple of quick calls to local radiator shops. The first shop I called here in Denver have Koyo's in stock for $116.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Old thread bump/updated info and prices:

Called Radiator.com: local wearhouses dont have A2807 but can get it in 5-7 days for $157

Checked FRsport.com: $160 shipped

Looked up authorized distributors on koyoradracing.com and found optionsauto.com has the Koyo A2807 for $117 + $30 shipping = $147

Just placed my order with optionsauto. Will update later.

Background info: I still have a bypassed Calsonic in my rig which is one of the SMOD grenade models ( 21460-EA265). I did the bypass back in 08 or 09 and have installed a second aux tranny cooler and an electric fan over the coolers but have had the tranny get hot enough to go into limp mode twice now; once on a long uphill forest road mountain road and the other on a wheeling trail going uphill and battling rock/boulder obstacles. I'm ready to replace the radiator and re-integrate the internal radiator tranny fluid heat exchanger.

·
Premium Member
9,952 Posts
Old thread bump/updated info and prices:

Called Radiator.com: local wearhouses dont have A2807 but can get it in 5-7 days for $157

Checked FRsport.com: $160 shipped

Looked up authorized distributors on koyoradracing.com and found optionsauto.com has the Koyo A2807 for $117 + $30 shipping = $147

Just placed my order with optionsauto. Will update later.

Background info: I still have a bypassed Calsonic in my rig which is one of the SMOD grenade models ( 21460-EA265). I did the bypass back in 08 or 09 and have installed a second aux tranny cooler and an electric fan over the coolers but have had the tranny get hot enough to go into limp mode twice now; once on a long uphill forest road mountain road and the other on a wheeling trail going uphill and battling rock/boulder obstacles. I'm ready to replace the radiator and re-integrate the internal radiator tranny fluid heat exchanger.
That’s what I did too surf. Replaced my calsonic with koyo after it started leaking around the tanks.

I unbypassed but kept the 2nd trans cooler. I’m thinking about replacing both the stock trans cooler and auxiliary with a bigger aftermarket when I tear everything apart when I swap the engine.

I’ve been very happy with the koyo so far. I think it has been 3 years now and about 40k miles or so trouble free.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Necro bump...but since i’m replacing my radiator I thought i’d Share that CarId has the a2807 for $91.

https://www.carid.com/koyo/engine-coolant-radiator-mpn-a2807.html?singleid=1613369108

Seems REALLY cheap, and with all the talk about knock offs, i’m a bit skeptical.

At the same time, what do I have to lose? Have it sent and if it’s no a genuine Koyo...just send it back?

***Edit****
This is the first time I have ordered from CARiD and the experience has not gone well.
Will not be ordering from them again in the future.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Necro bump...but since i’m replacing my radiator I thought i’d Share that CarId has the a2807 for $91.

https://www.carid.com/koyo/engine-coolant-radiator-mpn-a2807.html?singleid=1613369108

Seems REALLY cheap, and with all the talk about knock offs, i’m a bit skeptical.

At the same time, what do I have to lose? Have it sent and if it’s no a genuine Koyo...just send it back?
I've seen them before around $120 a few years ago, 91 is cheap but idk it might be authentic. I paid 187 back in 2013 for one and they seem to have been getting lower priced over time.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Thanks for letting us know, hopefully it's correct as I just placed an order. $119.53 shipped.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it arrived in good condition and is a genuine Koyo radiator. I had heard about knock offs out there.

Good to know about the rubber bits, I'll just re-use mine as most of the rubber under the hood is in good shape.

Mine will be arriving tomorrow (according to UPS...)

So, BigDaddy...what time can I expect you to arrive here in Wilmington for the radiator install party?....lol

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it arrived in good condition and is a genuine Koyo radiator. I had heard about knock offs out there.

Good to know about the rubber bits, I'll just re-use mine as most of the rubber under the hood is in good shape.

Mine will be arriving tomorrow (according to UPS...)

So, BigDaddy...what time can I expect you to arrive here in Wilmington for the radiator install party?....lol
You might want to buy new rubber mounts (they're cheap btw) because once the radiator is in you wont be able to access the lower ones. I thought mine were fine to reuse too but not long after installing the rad I noticed how loose it was in there, it doesn't affect functionality at all but it will be one more thing up front bouncing around and making thunk noises.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts