Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Wow, cheap. Mine was closer to $170-$180 if I remember correctly.

Have fun with the install - it's kind of a pain. :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
You're coming to the mod day for the install right? Lol
Not sure I can make it this weekend. Maybe at least stop by to meet a few of you but I doubt that even. Are you doing the radiator and the lift on the same day?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Damn thats cheap! I thought I remember seeing them in the $3-400 range when I last looked....I may just pick one up....

Wanderer: did you notice a drop in engine temp after installing it? Only reason I'd get one is for extra cooling...my truck tends to get hot and I want to prevent overheating while wheeling in the heat.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Wanderer: did you notice a drop in engine temp after installing it? Only reason I'd get one is for extra cooling...my truck tends to get hot and I want to prevent overheating while wheeling in the heat.
I didn't notice a drop (my temp gauge typically sits just below the mid line) but I was never overheating with the original. Since the thermostat regulates the temp, even if the Koyo has better cooling I wouldn't see it since the first one was working fine.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I didn't notice a drop (my temp gauge typically sits just below the mid line) but I was never overheating with the original. Since the thermostat regulates the temp, even if the Koyo has better cooling I wouldn't see it since the first one was working fine.
Yeah, sometimes i forget not everyone has a bullydog lol...I'm able to read my temp at any given moment so I can see the fluctuations of what they really are vs what the crappy stock gauge shows. I bet your truck runs cooler and you don't realize it.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
This is a direct stock replacement radiator (no modifications), only difference is the internal ATF cooler is brass and not aluminum. By the way, this is the radiator Jeff_redx chose to install in his xterra if any of you have followed his documented studies of the cooling system. I've ridden in it all over Moab and Ouray, it works just as well as the stock configuration.

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,170 Posts
When buying a Koyo radiator be sure that you are doing business with an authorized retailer. There are unscrupulous sellers on the Internet marketing counterfeit "Koyo" units.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts