1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
1,113 Posts
I like that idea. I dont see how it would be much different, and as a bump stop I wouldn't be worried about it holding up. Now if we were talking body mounts I would be concerned

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I am seriously going to wait for an update on this one ... And so will my dog.

All jokes aside i hope they somehow work it would save us all big $$$

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I like the idea. I can vouch for the toughness of kong toys. My dog destroys every toy in 30 seconds or less... except her kongs. I am not sure how you would keep it from slipping.

·
on line
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, I'm shocked that I got more people thinking. I don't know how they would hold up on the rear b/c I can't recall how big (edit: saw on site its 5" long) the Kongs get. Also, the black ones are much tougher than the red ones most people use. I'm also assuming the fronts get much less contact/abuse than the rears; hence that is why I suggested for the fronts. The rears would be an interesting experiment, but would have to be monitored closely to ensure you dont lose one or both and have a nice bottoming out.

I was just thinking that if you cut part of the top off to gain access, and put a nice fat washer down inside it (like Timbrens), than it might hold up ok, although one might need to put a metal sleeve inside the bottom where the bolt would go through. If I didnt already spend the dough on Timbrens, I'd probably toy around with this. I haven't had an issue with the fronts bottoming out (that I know of), but maybe I'll give this some greater thought.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
How about trying to fill the kong with a stiff rubber compound for added strength?
No, no, no... You're supposed to fill them with peanut butter!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
People are paying $200 for the Timbrens that do nothing to prevent bottoming. They maight as well spend $15 on the black Kongs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts