Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm coming up on my 100k maintenance and don't have all the tools/skills/time to try and tackle it all myself. Are there any decent shops in the area (preferably in/near Aurora) that are recommended over the dealerships? I'm looking to take care of everything that should be done along with the timing chain, so if I can save a couple bucks while helping out a small business, I'd feel better about wussing out on doing it myself.
If not, should I take it to Tynan's on Havana or AutoNation on Arapahoe?

-Brian

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's not a small business, but the Firestone on I25 and Arapahoe has treated me very well. I just did my 30K service there, plus they helped me out of a bind when the studs on my tire carrier seized. From the conversations with the counter guy, it seems like they get a fair amount of "wheeled" trucks in there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Apples. I have a Firestone just around the corner from me, but their service has been hit or miss lately. I did tackle the spark plugs and PCV myself a week or so ago, so only the big stuff left. I'm not sure I'm comfortable having just any mechanic tear into the engine though. Was hoping for a recommendation for someplace familiar with our vehicles. Guess it wouldn't hurt to give your reference a call and see what they know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts