Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Cool! I remember tying many of those knots in Coast Guard Boot Camp. I can still tie some of them. Fun stuff!

Bookmarked!!! Good find. :cheers:

·
on line
6,543 Posts
I had that knot set back in the day. Pretty useful, actually. Especially in the Scouts.

·
TNX Administrator
20,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's good about this site is not only does it show every knot that you can think of, but it also shows how the knot is to be tied - really great info here...

·
on line
6,543 Posts
I'm not seeing the link?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I can do pretty will all of the things I need with a clove hitch, bowline, figure eight/follow through, and an an alpine butterfly.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Bowline, half hitch, butterfly loop, lark's head and the pipe hitch have gotten me through almost every situation. I haven't memorized any new ones since I learned those.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yeah, only use/remember a handful of knots but have built foot bridges and a 2 story lookout tower back in the day. The tower, did bolt the logs together after initial rope only assembly.

Bottom line, good to know which knots to use when one's safety/life depends on it.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
A bowline/alpine butterfly/trucker's hitch type knot is a good setup to learn, it makes for nice tight ropes for tying down loads or hanging tarps or whatnot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts