Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Fridge eventually--I'm getting married in September so I gotta keep my expenses down for a while.

Ideally, I'd get some sort of water system installed that would allow gravity feed to a spigot on the outside, container storage, fridge, and an external propane tank option, but I have no clue where to mount that at the moment.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Alright, so my father is being extremely generous with his time and help with the trailer. They're bringing it down to NM in two weeks and painted it to match my X, put new wheels and 33" tires on it, Jerry can mounts, and new fenders. I can't wait! Once I get it here, the last bit will be to put on a Max Coupler:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Nice trailer!

Don't look here: Drool Link

Or, click the link and a shop-vac will attach to your wallet...:thumbup:

You have the best of both worlds here (Xterra/Suby), and sounds like a great partner to share it with! Mountain biking fiancee'...way to go bud! :thumbup: I'll be following your progress, keep it up.

·
Same Country as Bucksnort
14,613 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well, off-road trailer broke my hitch, so I cut that sucker off and welded on a WAM rear multi-carrier bumper.

Added snorkel for no other reason than why not?

Built a Hakima rack from u-bolts and half channel Unistrut, which I mounted upside down to accommodate the 2.5" foot height of the Yakima Skyrise 2 tent. Super stable platform that now really kicks ass.

Here's the maiden voyage since the mods:

and above Valley of the Gods:

At 120k on the odo and still runs like new!

·
TNX Veteran
3,574 Posts
Love those pics. Made the bottom one my background haha. I think the stock front bumper can look really good sometimes. I like how yours is with the integrated winch. Occasionally I look at my front bumper and think "eh, it's a little overkill".

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Love those pics. Made the bottom one my background haha. I think the stock front bumper can look really good sometimes. I like how yours is with the integrated winch. Occasionally I look at my front bumper and think "eh, it's a little overkill".
It's been a slow process, but I still am trying to keep things as 'tucked' as possible. Before the RTT and Hella 500s, I was still getting 18mpg town, 21mpg highway. They dropped it to 16-18mpg range. Not horrible, thankfully. Trying to avoid the overkill feeling!

I appreciate the compliment though, glad you dig!

·
TNX Veteran
3,574 Posts
It's been a slow process, but I still am trying to keep things as 'tucked' as possible. Before the RTT and Hella 500s, I was still getting 18mpg town, 21mpg highway. They dropped it to 16-18mpg range. Not horrible, thankfully. Trying to avoid the overkill feeling!

I appreciate the compliment though, glad you dig!
Even with mud terrains...? That's pretty good. I would be SUPER happy if that was my experience.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts