Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Killswitch's Xterra

86K views 456 replies 85 participants last post by  Zack. 
#1 · (Edited)
User name: Killswitch
Year: 2007
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: S 4X4
Color: Night Armor

- My rear axle swap and wiring of the electronic locker
- My solution to the SMOD and automatic transmission temperatures
- What little info I documented of the Bully Dog install
- All the information on what aftermarket lighting that I have done (located on page 44 of my build thread): Post 434 and Post 435

Powertrain & Drivetrain:
- Amsoil in everything except the transmission
- Femco oil drain valve
- Gibson catback stainless steel exhaust
- Doug Thorley secondary cat delete pipes
- 3:36 M205
- 2011 3:36 M226 w/ E-Locker
- B&M Hi-Tek Transmission cooler w/ temp controlled fan and switched override
- B&M Transmission temperature gauge on return hardline
- Tom Woods custom drive shaft
- Rear Diff breather (routed inside the cabin and vented under the floor)
- Bully Dog GT 40415

Suspension & Steering:
FRONT: (~5" total lift)
- PRG Titan UCAs
- Raybestos Titan LCAs
- Sway Away 2.5" coilovers w/external reservoirs
- Moog Titan inner and outer tie rods

REAR: (~6" total lift)
- Alcan Leaf springs (5" lift + 300lbs)
- PRG adjustable shackles (set on middle hole)
- (Currently running) Bilstien 5125 series 11" travel (Valving is 255/70)
- (Awaiting install) Bilstien 12" travel 7100 Short Bodies with Remote Reservoirs (Valving is 255/70)
- PRG 3* shims
- PRG U-bolt flip kit

Brakes, Tires & Wheels
- PRG stainless steel brake lines front and back
- 285/75R16 Goodyear DuraTracs Load range E (August 2015)
- Dyna Beads (8oz bag of off-road/aggressive tire beads per tire)
- 1.5" wheel spacers on rear axle

Armour:
- HeftyFabworks full skid set
- BTF diff cover
- HeftyFabworks sliders
- Shrockworks front bumper w/radiator skid

Exterior:
- Front and Rear recovery points
- Xoskel low pro light bar
- 30" LED light bar and 3" LED spot beams
- 3" LED Flood beams on back of roof rack
- 4' Firestik II tunable tip CB antenna and stainless steel spring on front bumper
- Line-X on Shrock front bumper, grill, rear bumper, and plastic
- Rausch Creek custom fender trimming
- AOAA body work
- DepHep Standard roof rack w/ custom extension on rear
- Rock Lights

Interior:
- Cobra CB installed in center console w/ external Uniden CB speaker
- Rear ceiling shelf
- Blue Sea fuse box installed behind the glove box
- Rubber floor mats
- OEM GPS dock added

Recovery Gear:
- Quadratec Q9000 winch
- ARB 30' 17,000lb snatch strap
- 48" Hi-Lift jack
- ARB Tire Repair kit
- ARB EZ tire deflator
- 30' standard Tow strap

Other Gear:
- Fully stocked "Go Bag"
- Fully stocked Trauma/Medical kit
- ENO hammock w/ bug net, rainfly & slap straps
- standard issue poncho liner
- assortment of inclement weather gear
- 550 cord, bungee cords, etc
- JetBoil Zip cooking system
- Headlamps
- FRS Radios
- Gerber Multi-tool
- Garmin Etrex GPS
- E-Tool shovel
- Re-Packed "necessities" tool kit

Pictures: I used to have a timeline here of pictures of each mod as it took place. I got bored with that so this will just be a mess of my favorite pictures of my truck in action. No particular order.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
No melt mod, these are 265/75R16s so they're not that much bigger than the stock 265/70R16s that were on there. I've had no problem with them at all, absolutely awesome tires. You would probably have to start looking at a melt mod up in the 285/75R16 range.

Lookin good Chris I see yourgetting more use out of them then I did. Keep it up.

Sent from my DROIDX
Ya, the tires are awesome! Thanks for a great deal on those.

#9 ·
its funny you asked, I was just looking at that today and considering it and then saw that you were a maybe on there. I need to check the class schedule up here, I'm currently the only instructor lol so if we're running a class during that time then I have to be here. I have the schedule for the whole summer though so I'll check it tmw at work and let you know if I can make it. Hopefully I can though and if so, maybe I can meet somewhere along the way with you and drive up together.

#15 ·
What day are you planning on doing this. I have some things that need done on the X also lowpro light bar needs to be wired up, change out u joints, and change out header gasket and install new magnaflow cats. Saturday is suppose to be nice and we can make a mod day out of it. You have a garage and air tools.

Sent from my DROIDX

#18 · (Edited)
I plan on doing the install on Saturday provided the weather holds. As far as a place to work, no garage, I was just going to work in my driveway. For tools I have pretty standard stuff and a bunch of PB blaster for doing this lift. If you do end up coming up here though I'll work it out so we can do the work at my workplace. Not a garage there either but a pretty big, flat concrete area and an air supply. Not sure on what air tools we have here honestly. What tools were you looking for? Also, if you want, just pm me or email

#21 ·
thanks dude, sliders are next on the list, waiting on skids and trying to finish up all the different things I have going right now so I dont get ahead of myself lol. Honestly I'll probably never be done, there are plans for the future:) For the lugs, no worries at all man, take care of your kid and whenever you get around to it is fine for me!

#22 ·
Did you set your coilovers at 3 inches? If so did you get shackles for the AAL?

#23 ·
ya, the coilovers should be almost exactly three inches by my measurments. As for the AALs, no, I did not get any shackles, I just put the AALs in with Radflo shocks back there. As it sits right now the back is about half an inch higher than the front. That was measured literally right after I finished the install though so it could settle some.

#28 ·
Just put on the shrock bumper today! It's MonsterBandit's old one so no hoops whatsoever which has actually grown on me alot. May leave it that way but cant decide, still kinda want to make my own pre-runner style hoop, and by make my own, I actually mean draw my own and then have my friend make it for me lol. We'll see where that goes. Left the Rad skid off for the drive home from Jersey due to a small issue with one of the bolts on the mounting bracket and i didnt want to have to remove the skid to get back to it. Lowes is closed but one way or the other I'll get pics up tmw, not that any of you really care, we have all seen a shrockworks bumper lol...but, I'm happy about it so you get to read about it.

#32 · (Edited)
Shrockworks bumper through "Fisheye" lens (I did not take these pics)

I like these shots but I'll probably take some normal ones later now that the skid is on. That fisheye lense makes the center of the bumper look closer to you and kind of alters the way the picture looks so ya, I'll probably put some normal ones up at some point.

EDIT: HERE ARE THE PICS I TOOK THIS EVENING. WANTED TO GET A FEW UP WITH A NORMAL LENS JUST SHOWING THE BUMPER ON THE TRUCK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.