Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone else hated their keyless remote? I have a pair for the Xterra and my wife drives an 07 Pathy and both sets of remotes suck.

I literally have to focus to place my thumb in the center of the remote and squeeze hard enough to press the rubber cushion down enough to get the doors to open. Then I have to do it another two or three times to get it to open up the rest of the doors.

I would say it was just the remote but the Pathy's the exact same case.

Is there a way to switch to a plastic remote with plastic buttons. I had them on a Mazda 3 I had previous to the X and it was just a simple click and no problemo.

Any advice or input on this?

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I have the other problem, the lock and unlock way to easy. I can hit them and not even be trying.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trade? lol.

In all honesty though, I guess this isnt Xterra specific but just more like general keyless remote Q&A, but I wonder if it is possible to switch out the remote hardware to a new case.

·
on line
589 Posts
Funny enough Killjoy, I am with lostboy on this. The distance and ease that I can unlock my car actually makes me really nervous about it. Way too many times just in my pocket a key will hit the remote and lock/unlock the car as I walk away. I have found myself holding them until I am far enough away that the risk to unlock is gone.

·
on line
339 Posts
i could sell you my pair if you'd like. the buttons were easily responsive. they were only used for 2 weeks before i installed an aftermarket alarm. pm me if you're interested.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Erick said:
Funny enough Killjoy, I am with lostboy on this. The distance and ease that I can unlock my car actually makes me really nervous about it. Way too many times just in my pocket a key will hit the remote and lock/unlock the car as I walk away. I have found myself holding them until I am far enough away that the risk to unlock is gone.
Ok so its either too hot or too cold. There has to be a solution. And Erick, you're ride looks really sweet with the new bumper color. Can I take it to an alarm place and pay them to keep the exact same setup, just code it into a new remote?

·
on line
589 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Erick said:
Ok so its either too hot or too cold. There has to be a solution. And Erick, you're ride looks really sweet with the new bumper color. Can I take it to an alarm place and pay them to keep the exact same setup, just code it into a new remote?
LMAO...I was going to say good luck getting here, but then I noticed that you live in LA which is close enough.

Thanks though bro!

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Erick said:
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Erick said:
LMAO...I was going to say good luck getting here, but then I noticed that you live in LA which is close enough.

Thanks though bro!
I didnt mean swapping with you, that defeats my quest entirely. I mean taking it to a place to give me an entirely different type of remote. LoL.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dpatton said:
If your key fobs are too sensitive, or you don't like key fobs, there are solutions in this thread:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=276
You know I think I got my answer with the last post. I am going to contact mtdewmike and see what he may be able to tell me about this. It seems he programmed his first gen x's remote to take the new x's codes.

·
on line
589 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Erick said:
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Erick said:

Thanks though bro!
I didnt mean swapping with you, that defeats my quest entirely. I mean taking it to a place to give me an entirely different type of remote. LoL.
LOL...Totally misinterpreted the original comment. Now that makes a WHOLE lot more sense. :cheers:

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the good news is that the post dpatton referenced really gives you guys a quick and cheap solution if you are inclined to tear open your remotes.

·
on line
106 Posts
I am in the same boat as Lostboy.. Mine are so easy to lock and unlock I have to make sure I am far enough from the truck before I stick my keys in my pocket so that I dont accidently unlock the truck and not know it. I have to out my keys down on a shelf when I get home after I lock the trick to be sure not to hit the key fob to unlock..A lady I work with has a Sentra and her key fob doesnt do anything even after being reprogrammed...heh..

·
on line
1,361 Posts
If you lock your doors then accidetnly unlock them, they will re-lock in a few minutes if nothing is opened. Just some piece of mind for the rest of you who have an easy press key fob.

·
on line
113 Posts
Biggest gripe I have is that the panic button on my 07 X is way too sensitive. Darn thing is always going off. Seems like they would have a longer delay in the PB circuit. I have sat down at my desk at work and had the alarm go off because the key fob panic button got pressed by something. You had to hold the PB on my 2k Frontier fob for quite a bit to get the panic mode to function.

·
on line
268 Posts
helofixer said:
Biggest gripe I have is that the panic button on my 07 X is way too sensitive. Darn thing is always going off. Seems like they would have a longer delay in the PB circuit. I have sat down at my desk at work and had the alarm go off because the key fob panic button got pressed by something. You had to hold the PB on my 2k Frontier fob for quite a bit to get the panic mode to function.
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=276
this tip works great for this problem and it's very easy to do. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts