Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Earlier this year, one of our Tech's wife was diagnosed with Leukemia, she had some procedures done, and was looking really good for awhile, she was scheduled to be home and in remission for Thanksgiving.
2 Days before, some of her tests came back bad, the Leukemia has returned. They are looking at every option at this point, and with 3 children to support, they are trying to make do. A few of the guys, including myself donated all unused sick time to the guy.
He is a really great guy, just an all around nice guy, who never complained once about his & his wifes ordeal. With all the time he has taken off, it has put a serious dent in his pay.
Even with the additional days it will be rough for him and his family.
The company is taking up a collection for them, and we have all donated but I wanted to raffle off a Keyless Entry Pad for them, to try to give them a nice cash infusion at Christmas.

Now, the Prizes:

To all you Newbies, this is like the Honus Wagner of Nissan Accessories, it is extremely rare to find one of these, and new unopened to boot!
It is a WIRELESS key Pad that attaches to the outside of your vehicle, that when the right 5 digit code is pressed, will unlock your vehicle.
It was one of the BEST Accessories Nissan ever made for their vehicles, then some idiot in an office somewhere, discontinued these Beauties and we were left with None, about 25 of them showed up over a year ago and sold out just as fast.

Offroad Gorilla was nice enough to donate 2 sets of Pod Lights to the Raffle as well, so there will be 3 winners, 1st winner will get choice, 2nd winner will get choice of remaining, and 3rd winner will be shipped what is leftover
Thank you Offroad Gorilla for your Generosity.

Entry:

Entry will be done as follows, for each $10 donated, you will be assigned a number, each number will be put into a random number selector on Friday Dec 19th, one number will be drawn, and that person will have the unit shipped to them at no charge.

This will be open till Monday Dec 22nd at 5:00 PM, please Follow me on facebook for the official winner notification. https://www.facebook.com/jerseyparts

Ok, now the raffle tickets can be purchased through paypal,
You will go to paypal, enter our address: bricad73 @ gmail.com
(remove the spaces)
Please send money as giving money to friends or family, and please send in divisions of 10.
and please put keyless raffle in the memo section, I have a lot of sales that go through that account, and I don't want you to get forgotten, please include your screenname as well, and a running tally will appear on this post.

Please let me know if you have any questions:

Brian

The list:
BWINTER714 - 1
NYTKSHR - 1
Farley - 2
CroftonBilly - 1
iamamused - 1
CRMW07 - 1
TomsRedX - 3
Glamisdude - 1
240Addiction - 3
Meatloaf - 1
NSMSJIM - 2
Beavertonite - 4
JSexton - 1
Satown210 - 1
240Addiction - 1
snowtrout - 5

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Earlier this year, one of our Tech's wife was diagnosed with Leukemia, she had some procedures done, and was looking really good for awhile, she was scheduled to be home and in remission for Thanksgiving.
2 Days before, some of her tests came back bad, the Leukemia has returned. They are looking at every option at this point, and with 3 children to support, they are trying to make do. A few of the guys, including myself donated all unused sick time to the guy.
He is a really great guy, just an all around nice guy, who never complained once about his & his wifes ordeal. With all the time he has taken off, it has put a serious dent in his pay.
Even with the additional days it will be rough for him and his family.
The company is taking up a collection for them, and we have all donated but I wanted to raffle off a Keyless Entry Pad for them, to try to give them a nice cash infusion at Christmas.

Now, the Prize:

To all you Newbies, this is like the Honus Wagner of Nissan Accessories, it is extremely rare to find one of these, and new unopened to boot!
It is a WIRELESS key Pad that attaches to the outside of your vehicle, that when the right 5 digit code is pressed, will unlock your vehicle.
It was one of the BEST Accessories Nissan ever made for their vehicles, then some idiot in an office somewhere, discontinued these Beauties and we were left with None, about 25 of them showed up over a year ago and sold out just as fast.

Entry:

Entry will be done as follows, for each $10 donated, you will be assigned a number, each number will be put into a random number selector on Friday Dec 19th, one number will be drawn, and that person will have the unit shipped to them at no charge.

This will be open till Friday Dec 19th 2014 5:00 PM, please Follow me on facebook for the official winner notification. https://www.facebook.com/jerseyparts

Ok, now the raffle tickets can be purchased through paypal,
You will go to paypal, enter our address: bricad73 @ gmail.com
(remove the spaces)
Please send money as giving money to friends or family, and please send in divisions of 10.
and please put keyless raffle in the memo section, I have a lot of sales that go through that account, and I don't want you to get forgotten, please include your screenname as well, and a running tally will appear on this post.

Please let me know if you have any questions:

Brian
Brian,

I am not interested in the raffle but if I want to donate some money to help this family out where might I be able to do this?

Also, I want to say that you are stand up guy for doing this and helping out a co-worker. So many people nowadays would turn away. Good on you!

Beav

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You can still donate through paypal, just put in the comments that it should go to the family.

I would still like to put you in the raffle, if you win it, you can raffle it off to someone else in need....
that is up to you though.

And Thank you for the kind words, if we all did a little something for just 1 person, the world would be a better place.

Brian

·
Registered
787 Posts
I sent payment in for 1. I hope she goes into remission once again. My mother is a cancer survivor, I know all too well the toll it takes on a family. I hope this raises some serious cash!

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can not believe the generous support I have received already.
Offroad Gorilla has generously donated 2 sets of Pod Lights as well as the Keyless Entry Pad, so there will 3 total prizes given, 1st winner will get choice, 2nd winner will get choice of remaining, and 3rd winner will be shipped what is leftover.

Thank you again Angel, for being so Generous, and Thank you too all the people donating!

Brian

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Donation sent.

Humble suggestion... if you can - extend the raffle. 10 days might not be enough time to gather as many donations as possible.

Humble suggestion #2 - Cross post. Maybe the Titan or Frontier board.

I'd certainly like to get my mits on that keypad (or lights!) - but I'd rather see your tech get some decent coin to help out his family. Cancer is a terrible thing.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not on most of the other boards, but if someone wants to check with any other boards admins, and post it up, they are welcome to.

Thanks for the donations and suggestions!

Brian

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all again, if you do not see your name on the list, let me know.
I think I got everyone so far.

Brian

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts