Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the 08 require a different sequence to program the key pad? I have done it like the directions say but I do not get the hazard lights flash.

I get in, close and lock the doors (windows are up)
insert key into ignition 12 times but still get nothing, i have done as many as 25 times but still get no hazard lights flash or jump on any of the needles.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I have tried with doors open, closed, locked, unlocked, lights on, lights off, hazards on, hazards off, fast, slow...

Thanks,
whooda

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Mine took forever and it still doesn't work right. And once I got it semi programmed my key fob stopped working.

Steve, I remember you having all those problems and we spent a lot of time on the phone with it!

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Honestly the programming scenario is one of the stupidest and least user friendly set of instructions I have ever personally executed.

I kept calling Jeff about twice a day asking him how to correctly executive the programming sequence.

·
on line
564 Posts
whooda said:
...does the 08 require a different sequence to program the key pad?

What does your owner's manual say about programming a new key fob? The sequence is exactly the same as what the owner's manual describes.

Rob

·
on line
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally figured it out. You insert the key slowly not fast. Then it is just like the directions.
Insert and remove fully
say "one one thousand"
insert and remove fully
say "two one thousand..."
repeat until the hazards flash. (took me 6 times with an 08x)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts