Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving my wife's new-to-her 2011 Pro-4X. The only problem that we are having is with locking the doors with the key fob. You have to be standing in just the right spot, press the lock button very hard, hold it down for a couple of seconds, and hold your mouth right to make it work. I've tried both key fobs and replaced the batteries = no change. The unlock button works just fine. I can't figure it out. Am I missing some trick to locking the doors with the key fob?

·
Registered
601 Posts
have you tried opening up the key fob and see if the actual switch on it is messed up in any way, the outer rubber portion you hit may not be fully engaging the switch inside the fob? only thing I can think of.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Some other folks have reported issues from interferace. Interferance typically comes from other RF devices near the key fob, for instance an RF token or a door opener for getting into the office.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Might also try just changing the battery in the fob. Mine's a 2011 (bought Dec 2010) and I've already had to change the battery once. What you're describing matches what I ran into.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put brand new batteries in both key fobs. One was obviously unused by the previous owner (all the paint was still on the buttons). Since the situation is the same with both key fobs (with new batteries), I'm thinking that the problem lies somewhere else.

I can't think of anything that would be causing interference other than the Smart Pass box (tolls). I've had one of those in 5 different vehicles without a problem though.

:dontknow:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked the wife into letting me take her truck to work today. Key fob seems to be working fine this morning. Strange...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I don't know where the stuff is mounted inside the X but sometimes if I cannot see the front end of my X I have to be within 3 parking spots to lock/unlock. Other times I can be very far away with direct line of sight to the front end and lock it. Other times I can be in the same spot and have to press the button 30 times just to get the lights to flash.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Mine has very poor range recently. I just replaced the battery a couple of months ago but I have to be standing within a couple of feet of the X to get it to work..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts