Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This just came to mind after seeing a late model one do this at work. I did check the manual, and this has me stumped, unless i am over looking something or there was a change for 2012?

When unlocking with the fob, the interior light does come on as it should. but should the hazard lights flash once also? the manual states they should. mine do not. on lock, they do flash twice, as they should. i do have the horn deleted. but this should have nothing to do with it.

whats up?

EDIT: Dealer is just down the street, so i found out they all dont do this on unlock. just twice on lock. Dont know what year it was deleated, but case solved.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Could have had an aftermarket system put in.

I have a remote car starter from Compustar. If I use the Compustar key fob, 1 press of unlock will open all doors, flash once, and turn on the dome. It depends on how the remote system is setup. They can be configured a few different ways in terms of pulse duration and action. For instance, locking with the aftermarket remote results in a long horn beep, rather than a quick chirp from the factory system.

If I use the factory remote it functions as you describe.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
My 2008 S (built in May of 2008 - which would be late in the model run) does flash once on un-lock with the FOB. Its not any aftermarket stuff - I have owned it since it had 1.8 miles on it.

All the doors have to be closed. Maybe you have a bad sensor on one door?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Though i would play around, and found this out...

1. If i activate the horn beep function, the flashers will indeed flash once on unlock. And like normal, the horn beep and two flashes on lock.

2. Deactivate the horn beep function, and no flash on unlock, and the normal two flashes on lock. normal. saying all doors are closed.

Interesting. No aftermarket stuff on it either.

IDN88 & XTERRA BRIT, Do you have your horn beep on?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i think this is solved. The horn beep function has to be activated for the flash on unlock.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
It's in the manual, I think you hold the lock/unlock button on the key fob, or driver door, i can't remember which. But it is in the manual.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's in the manual, I think you hold the lock/unlock button on the key fob, or driver door, i can't remember which. But it is in the manual.
You hold the lock/unlock buttons down at the same time for 2 seconds on the fob. It will cycle between horn/no horn.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glad this thread is here. My horn function got turned off somehow (probably while the fob was in my pocket) and glad I was able to restore it.

:D

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Glad this thread is here. My horn function got turned off somehow (probably while the fob was in my pocket) and glad I was able to restore it.

:D
mine was the opposite, the horn just started honking one day when i locked it, i had no idea how it got changed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts