Tinted front side windows
15# Power Tank (4/13/12)
Uniden 520XL CB (4/13/12)
Rex Rug Mod (6/2/12)
LED Interior Lighting (10/21/13)

Exterior:
Removed OEM step rails (6/17/11)
Removed mud flaps (9/10/11)
Southco Locking Handle for the wetbox (7/22/11)
Stealthed Rear Emblems (10/7/11)
Stealthed Wheels (10/21/2011)
14" Rear Window Wiper (12/29/11)
Changed to 2005 Front Grill & Stealthed Front Emblem (2/10/12)
Melt Mod (2/24/12)
Rear Diff Breather Extension (3/31/12)
Craven Speed Stubby Antenna (4/7/12)
KC Daylighters Driving Lights (4/29/12)
4' Firestik Antenna mount on rear bumper (4/13/12)

Armor & Recovery:
Shrockworks engine skid plate (7/24/11)
Shrockworks transmission skid plate (7/24/11)
Shrockworks transfer case skid plate (7/24/11)
Shrockworks gas tank skid plate (9/30/11)
Shrockworks rock sliders (10/21/11)
Shrockworks front bumper (2/10/12)
Shrockworks rear bumper (2/10/12)
Ramsey 9500UT Winch with synthetic line (3/30/12)
Blue Torch Fabworks Diff Cover (4/15/12)

Suspension & Tires:
Goodyear DuraTracs 285/75/16's (2/24/12)
PRG RadFlo Coilovers with 750# springs (3/31/12)
PRG UCA (3/31/12)
PRG AAL + Adjustable Shackles (3/31/12)
PRG Rad Flo Rear Shocks (3/31/12)
PRG 3 degree shims (3/31/12)
PRG Cam Bolts (3/31/12)
PRG U-Bolt Flip Kit (3/31/12)
Removed OEM Rear Sway Bar (3/25/12)

Electrical:
Die Hard Platinum Battery (1/6/12)
8W 5000K Reverse Light LEDs (1/21/12)
Blue Sea Fuse Block (awaiting install)

PHOTOS

With step rails removed, windows tinted and KO's installed:

After mud-flap removal:

Stealthed Wheels & Sliders:

Shrockworks Front Bumper:

Shrockworks Rear Bumper:

PRG Advanced Lift Kit with 285/75 DuraTracs

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed the shrockworks rear bumper yesterday. Things went pretty well but there were a couple of modifications to the base install. First, we modified the tail light holder by cutting in a square shape into the mounting tab and there were able to use one the stock license plate light and harness without doing any wiring modifications. We didn't like exactly how the 7-pin mount worked so we modified. The way the instructions had it, if you dragged the rear bumper, it would open the connector cover and fill it with dirt. We drilled two hole in the U-plate they provided and mounted the 7-pin connector so that if the rear bumper was dragged it wouldn't open. The final issue was the powder coat made the bushings fit REALLY tight. It took quite a bit of work with a rubber hammer to get the bushings in place and then drive the pin through the whole assembly. At this point, it is VERY tight. It takes significant force to swing it (although my wife can do it) but it's not all bad. It will hold where ever you put it even on a steep hill.

Before

Everything disassembled

With everything mounted

Image of the front side reusing the stock license plate light

Image of the back side reusing the stock license plate light

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed the shrock front bumper and converted to a 2005 grill yesterday as well. It didn't go quite as smooth as the rear bumper install but in the end looks good. The first problem we hit was the frame horn mounts would interfere with the power steering cooler line and the radiator cooler line. I have no intention of doing a body lift so we simply notched them to provide clearance. They may still be usable if I ever wanted a body lift but solved the problem. The next problem was we could get the bumper to fit between the frame horns. There was interference with the radius from the frame horn (in part due to the powder coat no doubt) so we did some grinding on the frame to give a little clearance. We had to leave the frame horns with bolts through them but loose and know the bumper into with a rubber hammer and then tighten everything down. It was a really tight fit but it's not going anywhere (at least until we take it off to install the winch). The only other issue, which may be our fault, is the fog lights are pointing way down to the point of being pretty useless. When we put in the winch, we'll rework the fog lights and should be able to fit that problem.

I didn't take many photographs while doing the front but here's one in the middle of the tear down and then a final version.

During tear down

Photos of the modified frame horn on the drivers side to clear the power steering line

Photo of the modified frame horn on the passengers side to clear the power steering line

Final install

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I haven't yet installed the PRG Kit. I've been waiting (and waiting and waiting) to get the bumpers and winch. Until all the weight is on it, the 750# spring would be too stiff. Due to time constraints, it will probably be the end of March before I install the lift kit.

Looks nice. Hows the ride with the 750# springs on the front?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I haven't yet installed the PRG Kit. I've been waiting (and waiting and waiting) to get the bumpers and winch. Until all the weight is on it, the 750# spring would be too stiff. Due to time constraints, it will probably be the end of March before I install the lift kit.
Looks sick!! Can't wait to see it with the lift. Maybe by March I will have my Hefty bumper and sliders.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Looks great.
I noticed from your list of armors, you don't have the radiator skid from Shrock. Does it come with the front bumper?

I mean this part here, that I circled in green... does it come with the bumper or additional?

Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
I believe that comes from Shrockworks with the bumper and although the pic is a bit unclear it does seem to be installed. Hard to tell...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just curious as to why you changed to the 2005 grille. It looks awesome, I have a 2005 and I prefer that grille to the newer ones. Did you not want to cut? Like I said, just curious........

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
There were a couple of reasons. First, I think the shrock bumper looks better with the 2005 since it was made for it. The 2009+ grill extends into the bumper and doesn't look right to me plus you have to cut it off to mount a winch. I had already changed to the 2005 grill and then was lucky enough to find someone with a 2006 who wanted my front end stuff so I got to cut off the tabs from his bumper and get the bottom grill mount so I have a secure mount for the grill. With a winch and the 2009+ grill, i'm not sure you can keep the bottom support. I also didn't want a stealth grill but I didn't want the silver either and the 2005-2008 grill looked better.

Just curious as to why you changed to the 2005 grille. It looks awesome, I have a 2005 and I prefer that grille to the newer ones. Did you not want to cut? Like I said, just curious........

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Shrock has 2 radiator skids. I have one that comes with the bumper that attached to a bracket you mount behind the front sway bar and then to the bottom of the bumper. They also have one that's sold independently that wraps up around the radiator from underneath. I didn't list it separately because it came with the bumper. I can get a better picture if you want one.

Looks great.
I noticed from your list of armors, you don't have the radiator skid from Shrock. Does it come with the front bumper?

I mean this part here, that I circled in green... does it come with the bumper or additional?

Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The truck has seen big changes this weekend. We got the PRG advanced lift kit and the PRG U-Bolt Flip Kit installed yesterday. I switched to 285/75 DuraTracks about a month ago as well so now my ride height is currently 37.25" to the front fenders and 39.25" to the rear fenders. I expect some settling as time goes one on especially in the back. Here are before and after pictures.

Before:

After:

U-Bolt Flip Kit:

·
Registered
107 Posts
There were a couple of reasons. First, I think the shrock bumper looks better with the 2005 since it was made for it. The 2009+ grill extends into the bumper and doesn't look right to me plus you have to cut it off to mount a winch. I had already changed to the 2005 grill and then was lucky enough to find someone with a 2006 who wanted my front end stuff so I got to cut off the tabs from his bumper and get the bottom grill mount so I have a secure mount for the grill. With a winch and the 2009+ grill, i'm not sure you can keep the bottom support. I also didn't want a stealth grill but I didn't want the silver either and the 2005-2008 grill looked better.
Gotcha......

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
That's sick man. The rear should settle especially with the new bumper. It's funny that your rear is as high as my front, its just crazyvto think about it. I loved my first lift. You'll wheel it and wheel and the be like Titan swap is needed!!! !' looks great man. Keep it going!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts