Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't read too much into the title, but there is a possibility of us coming back to Colorado to stay. :cheers: Still a few months down the road as we just started thinking seriously about it today, but it's looking good for now. There are a few things we need to figure out (house sale here, house there, employment, etc.), but it could become a reality as early as January.

Stay tuned for details....:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
This'll be awesome when it works out. I too tried to leave Colorado only to return for good about a year and a half later. Looks like you'll be putting those sliders you just took off back on the truck :D.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This'll be awesome when it works out. I too tried to leave Colorado only to return for good about a year and a half later. Looks like you'll be putting those sliders you just took off back on the truck :D.

Actually, the sliders are being sold to an Xterra member who lives up north. I am selling him the sliders and the front skid plate. I am trying to minimize weight for now. I can always get another set from Steve later. I wheeled Colorado for nearly 3 years before I got them so I'll be ok without them for now.

If all works out as planned, I am hoping to pull out of Florida by mid January. Just in time for those crazy Colorado winters. :scratch: What am I thinking? :iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't worry, if winter's like it was this year, you won't have to worry about cold and snow until at least end of March into April, lol.
Yeah, South Florida winters can definitely spoil ya. 60-70 degrees most of the time. It dropped into the 40s a couple of days in December. I was out in shorts and a T-shirt while the Floridians were wrapped up like it was a blizzard. :laughing9: And they were looking at me like I was crazy? Oh please....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We all have our moments of insanity, Jack. Welcome back to reality! It will be good to see you two on trail again. :hello2:
Thanks, Sam. It be as long as 4 months or as little as a month. Depends on a lot of variables and $$$$$$ of course. Right now, we are selling everything that isn't tied down so as not to have too much stuff to bring back. 6 x 12 trailer behind the X and her driving her car and we'll be on the way.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reviving this thread after 3 months of variables.

It is a go. We are coming home. Wrapping up my 12 month company commitment here on Dec.3rd and then we are OUTTA HERE!!!!! Probably coming back unemployed, but we'll be fine for a few days til I can get back onboard with my company in Colorado.

Our current schedule is to pull out of here on Dec. 8th or the 15th, depending on how things wrap up at my company here. We expect to be back in the Colorado Springs/Monument area a week later. We are very excited and are selling everything that isn't tied down since want to downsize anyway. If it doesn't fit in the X, the wife's Versa or the 6x12 UHaul trailer, it's getting sold, donated or thrown away.

Stay tuned for final details.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exciting! Glad to hear you'll be back in Colorado soon. Couldn't even imagine living down there after living here for so long.
This past summer reminded me why I haven't lived here on over 30 years. Looking forward to beautiful mountains, low humidity and great friends to be around again.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts