Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
"Needs a clutch". At 27K miles that poor clutch had to have been abused!
That's expensive as hell if you can't do it yourself. Still, definitely worth a look if you're in the market. I wonder where its located?

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
833 Posts
Needs new clutch, LOL.
If so it must have sat unused a looooooooong time.
Cars don't like that.
I inherited my grandads car sometime back that had barely any mileage. Using that car as a DD destroyed it within a year, every piece of rubber dried up and disintegrated, had to dump a bunch in to keep it on the road...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Out of curiosity, how much avg cost for a shop to put in a new clutch (assuming stock parts)... $2000?

·
TNX Veteran
4,040 Posts
Yeah.... this is a case where low-miles is actually not a good thing IMO.

Plus that radio - holy hell that makes this car look like a piece of junk lol. Looks like it is out of the early 90's. So glad my 2011 was updated past that.

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
833 Posts
Yeah.... this is a case where low-miles is actually not a good thing IMO.

Plus that radio - holy hell that makes this car look like a piece of junk lol. Looks like it is out of the early 90's. So glad my 2011 was updated past that.

That's the base radio. Shouldn't the 05 offroad have the RF head unit? My 06 SE does...

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Hmm I suspect that it has been in an accident? Doesn't say what the title says unless you run the carfax.

Doesn't all Off Road/Pro-4x models come with roof boobs and a wetbox no matter what year? The first pic doesn't show it has neither, well unless the owner switched it out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the roof lights come with OR/ProX models 2009 and up...same truck basically.

2009/2010 - Off Road
2011-2015 - ProX

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
331 Posts
05' OR would not have had the roof lights but it would have come with the roof box. The OR also didn't come with the step bars but they could have been added.
It has the correct 6 spoke wheels but I can't see if it has the correct cloth on the seats or diff lock button. It should have the RF radio and I think steering wheel buttons on the left.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Clutch replacement in WA runs about $2500 at a local shop and almost $4000 at the dealer.

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
811 Posts
Fosgate audio was an option in ‘05, so the headunit and steering controls are correct.

Side steps, hitch, interior doo dads (cargo cover), are dealer add on options for all trims unless included in the specific packages offered at that model year.

Roof lights were a factory option until 2009.

It could very well be a 2x4 Off Road. That trim was offered in ‘05.

EDIT- It is indeed 4x4. I took a closer look The switch is just visible in the dash pic.

And the seats seem to be the blue contrast that is correct to the ‘05 OR (barely evident).

·
Registered
522 Posts
Clutch might only need the slave tended to or air in the system. I had a friend that rode the clutch peddle on a truck fearing she couldn't brake fast if she didn't and wore the clutch out very fast of course.

·
Registered
811 Posts
@Bioburner

My sister........I swear her clutch would wake up screaming in the dead of night..... I wish everyone could experience driving with her! Cringe city!! Lmao!!!!
She always insisted on manual cars and trucks too. NO ONE could get her to clutch correctly, EVER.

So I can understand completely how this low mileage X might have a baked clutch. Lol!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Roof lights were a factory option until 2009.
I think you were spot on with everything else you said, but I have never seen a pre 2009 with roof lights. They weren't introduced until the 2009 facelift, and there is no wiring in place for them prior to 2009, as far as I know.

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
331 Posts
I think you were spot on with everything else you said, but I have never seen a pre 2009 with roof lights. They weren't introduced until the 2009 facelift, and there is no wiring in place for them prior to 2009, as far as I know.

He was saying the roof lights were not and option until 2009.

·
Registered
811 Posts
They were a FACTORY option and cost $$$$. Only a very few people popped for them.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts