Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I ordered skids in October. Anticipated the worse at 7 weeks. Called last week and was told it would be another 2 weeks until they are shipped. So hopefully they are shipped next week which would then get them her the first week of January...................almost 3 months after ordering. If it weren't for all the great reviews and feedback, I would be upset. But I know I am getting a great quality product from Jim.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bueller44 said:
I ordered skids in October. Anticipated the worse at 7 weeks. Called last week and was told it would be another 2 weeks until they are shipped. So hopefully they are shipped next week which would then get them her the first week of January...................almost 3 months after ordering. If it weren't for all the great reviews and feedback, I would be upset. But I know I am getting a great quality product from Jim.
I hear ya man its insane, the wait. I thought I read a law that stated that a business online (or mail order) needs to have stock on hand to procure fulfillment. I tried to look it up but all I found was that they (seller) needs to send merchandise after order is processed in a "reasonable time" (which they give an example as a month) (see --> http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/intbalrt.shtm ). And if the seller can't produce within a reasonable time then they must offer a full refund. Problem is, is that we WANT the stuff no matter the wait. SW should at least mention that on their website.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Kahuna said:
Bueller44 said:
I hear ya man its insane, the wait. I thought I read a law that stated that a business online (or mail order) needs to have stock on hand to procure fulfillment. I tried to look it up but all I found was that they (seller) needs to send merchandise after order is processed in a "reasonable time" (which they give an example as a month) (see --> http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/intbalrt.shtm ). And if the seller can't produce within a reasonable time then they must offer a full refund. Problem is, is that we WANT the stuff no matter the wait. SW should at least mention that on their website.
You are ordering custom made after market parts. The manufacturer needs to provide a reasonable product in a reasonable time. Jim is producing as fast as he can with the demand that is out there for his product. This is the price we pay for getting a great product from a small operation.

Congrats on the order.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lonesome Crow said:
You are ordering custom made after market parts.
I beg to differ on that one. All the parts on their site are not custom orders, they are exactly as as shipped. Unless you have them modify some aspect of their parts; it is assumed they are stock merchandise (as in they have them in stock). What is misleading is that nowhere on the SW site does it state that they they produce items as per order and that there is a lead time.

Lonesome Crow said:
You are ordering custom made after market parts. The manufacturer needs to provide a reasonable product in a reasonable time.
Please define reasonable time; A month, 2, 3 4? 6?

Lonesome Crow said:
Congrats on the order.
Hey Thanks! I look forward to getting them, whenever that is.

From what I've heard Jim is a great guy and so are his products. But he should mention the crazy lead times on the SW site.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Don't forget Shrockworks doesn't just make Nissan parts. He makes parts for other makes to, so he has a lot going on. And like its been said, he's a small operation. Some of the stufff he has no control over, he has to wait on things to...and seeing as he's a small operation with a small[er] order, he gets pushed to the back burner. I'm wanting to order skids early next year and know the wait it going to kill me. But he's local so I'll just have to go check on progress on the stuff. :)

Congrats on the nice chunk order.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update - I had the pleasure of chatting with Jim from SWs today. Nice man to take my call and he was very pleasant to speak with. He told me the wait for my bumper/skids order would be 6 weeks, 8 at the outset (mine may be even a little quicker because of no PC or tubes). Very Cool! OK that's a reasonable time!!!!!!!!!!

·
on line
1,127 Posts
Hey I was curious Doesn't the front bumper come with a Front engine skid????? I'm pretty sure you don't need that. But I don't have the bumper so i am not positive. congrats man can't wait to see it all done on a SCCX run.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Yes, the front bumper comes with a front skid. However, the engine oil skid is different than the front skid.

I waited 8 weeks on the sliders. 12 weeks on the bumpers. And 8 weeks on the skids. Each time, the wait really sucked, but Jim makes really great stuff. Every order is custom - kinda like Burger King.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AZ-Ted said:
Yes, the front bumper comes with a front skid. However, the engine oil skid is different than the front skid.

I waited 8 weeks on the sliders. 12 weeks on the bumpers. And 8 weeks on the skids. Each time, the wait really sucked, but Jim makes really great stuff. Every order is custom - kinda like Burger King.
I ordered the Sliders (2) weeks ago, the bumper/skids/diff cvr this past w/e, and God willing the rear bumper in (2) weeks. That way when they start coming hopefully every 2-4 weeks I'll get sumthin'.

My Plan: Powder coat the the radiator skid, undercarriage skids and sliders reflex blue and then galvanize both bumpers (ala Land Rover)

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Can I ask why powder coat the skids? Powdercoating is tough, but on a skid...I don't know. Its going to get scratched to Pluto and back. Plus any scratches couldn't be fixed all to easy....I think a rattle can would be more cost effective. Whatever though, its your truck so do as you please...aslong as you post pics when done! :)

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Peck said:
Can I ask why powder coat the skids? Powdercoating is tough, but on a skid...I don't know. Its going to get scratched to Pluto and back. Plus any scratches couldn't be fixed all to easy....I think a rattle can would be more cost effective. Whatever though, its your truck so do as you please...aslong as you post pics when done! :)
I have a buddy with a powder coating shop - next to nothing for me to do it. I will post picts! :)

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Peck, I ordered my skids bare and just did it myself. I was with you on that one. Just seemed cheaper and more logical since they are never seen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts