Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Don't mind the speed? I'm not sure if my x goes under 60. Maybe if this was a first gen site you would have to say that because people would be wondering how you got the speedo in double digits!

Drive much? lol

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cornick said:
Don't mind the speed? I'm not sure if my x goes under 60. Maybe if this was a first gen site you would have to say that because people would be wondering how you got the speedo in double digits!

Drive much? lol
Oh no no no! I did not mean that "my speed is high and please don't mind it." What I meant was: "please don't think that I am driving at 60 and taking the picture at the same time." Haha! To be honest, my speedometer is never below 70-75 on highway. :)

·
on line
1,574 Posts
jesus! here in nebraska if your caught going over 100 you loose your licence for life

·
on line
1,732 Posts
109!!!! on rte 8 just @ yuma ariz/cali border !!! 785 dollar fine :dontknow: told the cop I didnt realize was going that fast !!! His comment to me AND THIS IS A QUOTE " didn't realize these could go that fast"BTW ariz state troopers have unmarked trucks as POLICE vehicles !!!
........LIL NOTE TO SELF ......as I BLEW RIGHT PAST HIM AS HE SAT UNDER A OVERPASS !!!!! .....OTHER NOTE TO SELF ..... DODGE TRUCKS W/HEMI'S CAN out run our nissans well not outrun ...... but sure as fluk catch up to one purrty damn quick !!! :iconbiggrin:

·
on line
735 Posts
125ina30zone said:
jesus! here in nebraska if your caught going over 100 you loose your licence for life
There's still 49 other states to get licenses in. Who let that law pass?

·
on line
874 Posts
I hate to do this but i have to call you out on that...
only because i had to bail a roommate out of jail in FL for doin 105 in an S2000 and he lost his DL and spent a few days in jail...

bigboyindiego said:
109!!!! on rte 8 just @ yuma ariz/cali border !!! 785 dollar fine :dontknow: told the cop I didnt realize was going that fast !!! His comment to me AND THIS IS A QUOTE " didn't realize these could go that fast"BTW ariz state troopers have unmarked trucks as POLICE vehicles !!!
........LIL NOTE TO SELF ......as I BLEW RIGHT PAST HIM AS HE SAT UNDER A OVERPASS !!!!! .....OTHER NOTE TO SELF ..... DODGE TRUCKS W/HEMI'S CAN out run our nissans well not outrun ...... but sure as fluk catch up to one purrty damn quick !!! :iconbiggrin:
wellif you were in AZ that would have come with some jail time, or a smaller fine...

"28-701.02. Excessive speeds; classification

A. A person shall not:

1. Exceed thirty-five miles per hour approaching a school crossing.

2. Exceed the posted speed limit in a business or residential district by more than twenty miles per hour, or if no speed limit is posted, exceed forty-five miles per hour.

3. Exceed eighty-five miles per hour in other locations.

B. A person who violates subsection A of this section is guilty of a class 3 misdemeanor. -"

13-707. Sentence of imprisonment for misdemeanor
For a class 3 misdemeanor, thirty days

13-802. Fines for misdemeanors
A sentence to pay a fine for a class 3 misdemeanor shall be a sentence to pay an amount, fixed by the court, not more than five hundred dollars.

That was just AZ now for california.....

VEHICLE CODE
SECTION 22348-22366

A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway at a speed
greater than 100 miles per hour is guilty of an infraction
punishable, as follows:

(1) Upon a first conviction of a violation of this subdivision, by
a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500). The court may
also suspend the privilege of the person to operate a motor vehicle
for a period not to exceed 30 days pursuant to Section 13200.5.

(2) Upon a conviction under this subdivision of an offense that
occurred within three years of a prior offense resulting in a
conviction of an offense under this subdivision, by a fine of not to
exceed seven hundred fifty dollars ($750). The person's privilege to
operate a motor vehicle shall be suspended by the Department of
Motor Vehicles pursuant to subdivision
(a) of Section 13355.

so my question is what state were you in?
did you have fun in jail?
how is the suspended DL treating ya?

·
on line
3,754 Posts
i haven't gone over 80 or so in my X yet. 400 miles to go to hit the 1200 mile break in. but i did hit 140 in my wrx that was supposed to be electronically limited at 130. that was fun. never got a pic of the speedo like i wanted to tho.

·
on line
443 Posts
I know the X can go over 100, but I just dont feel like doing/PAYING for it. I have taken my Maxima to 12X and my SVX to the same, and my friends Z to 140ish...

·
on line
3,754 Posts
damn sherpa. ive had my X since jan. 10, 2008 and i havent hit 3500 miles yet. altho i only live about 2 miles from the job im on now. and didnt start work this year til the middle of march. but damn, 10000 miles in 5 months. thats alot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts