Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK as some may know I have been asking about sliders, skids and all that stuff. Well for Valentines Day the Wife got me scratch offs and I hit :drunken:

So now I have mod cash BUT what to do.

Sliders and Tires
Full Skids
Tires and Some Skids
Rear Bumper

if you had the oppertunity to do it over what would you do first?

·
on line
10,133 Posts
well, congrats on the lotto!!! i did tires/skids first. You could (and some will say you should) go with tires/sliders first. I went out without sliders, and dented my rocker panel, but it's small and not that bad. It also wasn't my choice. I ordered both skids and sliders at the same time. Skids took 1 month give or take and sliders took close to 3 months.

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks creek for the info. I will call Shrock and see which will arrive quicker maybe. Most have told me sliders first also.

I will also see what others have to say first.

Its amazing the wait times on the Shrock stuff :(

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Sliders and tires, why? Well, having a rocker repaired is going to cost you a arm and a leg if you should wack it, look at alot of videos on youtube, it's a common place to smack, so protect yourself. Tires? well, the Xterra has some "ok" tires but 8 times out 10 you're going to need someone with a strap to get ya out, plus it makes the xterra look alot beefier.

Of all the skids that you would really want, it'd be the gas tank skid, why? cause nissan blessed us with a plastic gas tank and it's quite vulenerable.

So....

Sliders
Tires
Skids
Lift
Bumpers

·
Read Only
656 Posts
Damn, how much did that scratch off win you? Tires and sliders would set you back about $1200 for BFG KO/KM's and Shrocks.

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow so I guess sliders and tires then LOL

No way am I getting BF Goodcraps. Had a set and sold them with less then 1000 miles on them. Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips or Nitto Terras for me. Im torn between the two as I dont know how much on/off road I will be doing just yet. Friends want 1 or 2 times a week that was 2 weeks ago and we haven't been out since :/ So if its just here and there it will be the Terra's but if we do start going out alot then its the Dirt Grips.

Thanks for the feedback guys.. now to find out how long Shrock will have me wait.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
if u don't like the wait, u can see about getting some fabbed up?

·
on line
500 Posts
Order the Shrock sliders ASAP, and then forget about it, or you'll go crazy. Next, I'd go Yokohama Geolander AT S, but that's me. I went PRG next and will eventually get a deer guard/bumper and winch. Which at this point will have to be a Shrock, which is too ugly and heavy as is, so I'll have to design a different Bull bar design and that will only add to the months and months one currrently waits.

If ARB comes out with something lighter and one doesn't wait a quarter of a year, then I'd buy one and get a locker too, ah! but that's just a dream. So, Shrock it is.

Patrick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts