Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. i was looking at getting a SUV for minnesota/minneapolis area and bought a 05 xterra off of ebay. I paid 17900 for it. It is a SE model with the RF sound and all. I have been extremely pleased with the vehicle. Big improvement over the 1st gen Xterra. I also stuck with the nissan line. I also have a 2002 nissan maxima 6 speed that i've highly moddified. The only thing that has me disappointed is that there is no temp guage. I have the autodimming mirror but i am looking at getting one with the temp in it also. Is it an easy bolt on cause i think all mirrors are going to the wedge now in the front window. power is there so all i'd ahve to do is run the temp sensor somewhere. Does this sound right?

·
on line
1,407 Posts
First Welcome! :cheers:

Second - Yes an autodimming review mirror is a fairly easy upgrade. Most people get a Gentex mirror off ebay. There is another brand also that is cheaper that people over on XOC have had good luck with.

Sounds like you got a good deal on a nice ride. Welcome to thenewX!

·
on line
559 Posts
Fezzik said:
I also have a 2002 nissan maxima 6 speed that i've highly moddified.
Ah...another Maxima convert. I've had my fill of modded Maximas. I had a 93, a 5spd I30t, and an 02. The good old days.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Welcome to the club. :wave:

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn!

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Welcome :wav:

·
on line
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Good to see someone knows about the Fezzik character. yeah. I did a search and found a Gendex one on Ebay. For some reason i like the compas and temp to be displayed in the mirror part itself. and also i found a guy that has the ones with amber instead of blue so that wll go with the amber lighting in the truck. Just will cost me 180 frosties from wendys. So dang expensive for a mirror.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
The price you pay for vanity... Oh wait you were after temp not just the miror.

Welcome

Anybody want a peanut?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts