Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck is mint, but indet it the painted the underside, not rot on the frame but front all bubbled up, leaf spring bracket bolts rotted to nothing, shocks you can crush the boot on your hand, I didn't really notice till I got it on a lift with light. Because was all painted. Also a gas smell, probably the filter, I already drained all the fluids. I just got it the other day, should I just return it, I was thinking of something fun to tinker around, but I dont want a money pit, any suggestions,?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recommendation: pictures

If it's rubberized undercoating. Consider resale.
I'll snap some pictures, its not rubberized just paint pretty much all the hardware is toast. And dry, it can be wired off I'm guessing whole front end has got to go. But everything under the skid plate was never touched looks new lol, I'm thinking so idiot thought it would be a good idea thr hit everything with a can of black paint. I really love this truck. Kinda sux I think they got me

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I'd start poking around the bubbly/ rusty spots and see how bad it is. If you find some stuff that is actually rusted through that may be good grounds for returning it if that is possible.

while this is a second gen site, rust is rust!

take some before and after pictures, so you can show how it was "covered up with paint".

·
Registered
6 Posts
The truck is mint, but indet it the painted the underside, not rot on the frame but front all bubbled up, leaf spring bracket bolts rotted to nothing, shocks you can crush the boot on your hand, I didn't really notice till I got it on a lift with light. Because was all painted. Also a gas smell, probably the filter, I already drained all the fluids. I just got it the other day, should I just return it, I was thinking of something fun to tinker around, but I dont want a money pit, any suggestions,?
Are you sure the odometer hasnt been tampered with? Sounds fishy.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
No it's legit the last service record was 2010 and registered 2018 47k to some dealer so they said it was garaged since then.
...I mean that’s 8 years in which it could have easily been driven 101k. Don’t take this the wrong way but given the current situation you’re in I feel you’re WAY to trusting of the sellers word.

Edit: NVRM I completely misread your post. At any rate 8 years is a long time to be sitting. Rust issues aside there is probably a lot of dry rot on the rubber bits and other issues. Personally I’d rather have a well maintained high mileage vehicle over a low mileage neglected one any day if the week!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts