Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm finalizing my list of things for my suspension lift.....

so far i have:

Rear:
-2" shackles
-AAL
-Rancho RS9000X shocks
-Extended Brake lines

Front:
- AC coils
-Rancho coilover shocks
-Total Chaos UCAs

i know i will need new cam bolts and probably axle shims....it there anything else i'm missing or should consider?? Everything will be ordered from AC mostlikely since they stock everything!

·
on line
1,831 Posts
You know, I'm not all that happy with my AC coil/ Rancho front set-up. You're gonna get a ton of bounce in the front end. You'll never bottom out but you will "top-out" because the AC coils are so strong. It gets the job done just fine but I do plan on upgrading later. Long story short, you'll be happy with it, nonetheless.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
someone suggested i go a different route then the AC coils and rahcnos up front....unfortunately the radflo coilover are out of my price range, so at the moment i'm searching for a different spring in the front.

has anyone sucessfully used a different spring in the front?

·
on line
335 Posts

·
on line
1,123 Posts
2006fronty said:
get the old man emu shocks, they are a good option too. someone else on this forum has some, they would be able to tell you more.
I've got the OME shocks with the AC coils and have been very happy with the setup. I don't notice any bouncing and haven't topped or bottomed out the front end. I've got a ShrockWorks front bumper with winch and the front is solid.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I think the main reason why I'm topping-out so much is because I do not have my Shrockworks bumper installed yet. I assume the added weight on the AC coils would help prevent it.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
due to a lack of funds shrockworks is out of the question for a while...i'm gonna do some more research on different spring and shock combos and try to find what works well on an otherwise stock X...

has anyone heard of any other combos being used?? (preferably ones that have worked well!)

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I didn't mean to turn you off to the AC coils. My description of "topping-out" may seem more troublesome than it really it. No damage is being done.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wasn't just you that turned me off to those coils, i've heard a few others say some things about them...i am still go with the ACs, but i want to look into some other coils first, i'm sure there are some lift coils made by some companies that specialize in suspension parts that would work for our trucks, i just have to find them, lol......and the search is on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts