Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
9,460 Posts
That is entertaining, but shows an extremely excessive amount of reckless driving and poor decision making, not to mention a lack of "tread lightly" principles. There is a fair amount of responsible and legal off-roading in the video, but it is peppered with childish jumping, donuts, and speeding through water.

That is not how I want the Xterra to be remembered.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree, the world would be a better place without any "childish" anything........sheesh, gimme a break.

Thanks for the video, love to see The Bay parking lot being used to it's full potential.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I was watching this at work and my co-worker said the video and music made it seem like these guys in Xterras were trying to make it to some un-discovered city or something.
"Sounds like star wars or something."

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
That is entertaining, but shows an extremely excessive amount of reckless driving and poor decision making, not to mention a lack of "tread lightly" principles. There is a fair amount of responsible and legal off-roading in the video, but it is peppered with childish jumping, donuts, and speeding through water.

Be remembered????....ur scaring me!!... making it sound the the Xterra is going somewhere!!...dont say it the end if the road for our X!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

geez who sh!t in your cereal :crybaby:

·
on line
9,460 Posts
geez who sh!t in your cereal :crybaby:
Who? I guess someone who enjoys off-roading and wishes to keep it around for my generation and the ones after. Enjoying something and respecting it are two separate things. If proper respect is not shown for our priviledge to off-road it will be taken away. Believe me when I say that, because it could happen in the blink of eye.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Who? I guess someone who enjoys off-roading and wishes to keep it around for my generation and the ones after. Enjoying something and respecting it are two separate things. If proper respect is not shown for our priviledge to off-road it will be taken away. Believe me when I say that, because it could happen in the blink of eye.
Dude, with all due respect. 95% of that vid was in sand (very durable stuff) and the only other thing i can see anyone getting miffed about was the speed on one back woods trial and if you noticed he dint leave any tracks behind him at all. he wasn't spinning wheels, making ruts. he hit a bump with some gusto. that's what suspension travel is for.

any way i watched it 2 more time looking for something that would bug me and nothing really jumped out .. I'm gonna have to agree to disagree and leave it at that

:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I and agree that we are losing places to wheel but i think that has more to do with the government than is does abuse. DEC gave me a 500$ ticket for pulling of to the side of a fire road to gather fallen wood. Those c0c suckers don't want anyone on what they think is their land. It's BS . FYI i am the first guy to yell at some dik messing up our local trails but mainly it's because i like to yell at people :angry5:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys, I made the video, and read all these comments made my day!

And about this comment:

"That is entertaining, but shows an extremely excessive amount of reckless driving and poor decision making, not to mention a lack of "tread lightly" principles. There is a fair amount of responsible and legal off-roading in the video, but it is peppered with childish jumping, donuts, and speeding through water.

That is not how I want the Xterra to be remembered."
I totally understand your feelings because I think you love the X the same amount as I do.

For my family The X is part of us, we really love her, our kids draws the X all the time.

I'm sorry I made the truck look childish, but I was trying to show the X as a unstoppable powerful young truck that can handle everything, and it does.

Thanks guys for all the comments, I spend a whole night doing the video and I'm glad you all liked it.

(sorry for my English if I can write on Spanish I can explain a lot better how important is the X for me lol.... maybe that's the reason I made the video!)

Here is a pic of our X on 2005:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hey guys, I made the video, and read all these comments made my day!

And about this comment:

I totally understand your feelings because I think you love the X the same amount as I do.

For my family The X is part of us, we really love her, our kids draws the X all the time.

I'm sorry I made the truck look childish, but I was trying to show the X as a unstoppable powerful young truck that can handle everything, and it does.

Thanks guys for all the comments, I spend a whole night doing the video and I'm glad you all liked it.

(sorry for my English if I can write on Spanish I can explain a lot better how important is the X for me lol.... maybe that's the reason I made the video!)

Here is a pic of our X on 2005:

It's impossible to satisfy everyone's taste, do not worry about it that much. For me the most important thing is that someone made such effort as there is no other Xterra tribute video as far as I know. So for your passion and love to X I guess we all have to say Thank you! And for those who would make it a bit differently, you could always try and make part 2 ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts