Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
752 Posts
that looks so awesome !
is that your own garage where you fab all that stuff ?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I like the idea of the extra protection on the axle. Did you just tack the plates on or do you have to drain the oil and then weld?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't take credit for any of those photos. The work on my X is being done by Mike at CJD racing. I did quite a bit on my X myself, but all the fab work is being done by Mike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks great. Where is CJD Racing located?

·
Registered
22 Posts
What are you looking to get done?
I was going to inquire about getting something done for the rear of my R51 Pathfinder. If CJD has had any experience with custom rear SAS for the R51 in particular. Rear suspension is nearly identical to the Armada so I hope they have an idea or two. If it can't be done for a reasonable price outside of picking up an Xterra, then I'll just pick up an Xterra to play with. I sent them an email this afternoon.

I had trouble keeping up with a modified FJ80 Landcruiser on 37s(it's a given lol) and was BARELY doing a bit better than a stock 2nd gen Xterra recently due to the independent suspension. I'm currently on a 2" lift with King Shocks coils and SPC UCAs up front and OME medium springs and Nitrocharger shocks in rear with no sway bars(front and rear). Just not enough down travel in the rear at the moment because the front I can go Titan swap, but don't want to go that route if I can't sort out the rear end. I would definitely prefer to keep wheeling with my Pathfinder since I need the third row from time to time to pick up and drop off the kids, plus already has the VK56 which so far I'm finding it so much easier to work on than the VQ40.

Reactions: BeardnBrew

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice. How much did the shock hoops set u back?

Also whats your plan for the rear? You gonna run fiberglass
Shock hoops are 1500-2k depending on set up and options. No plans for fiberglass. Just shackles, extended fadflos, SS extended brake lines, trussed rear axle and deaver leaf springs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts