1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Same Country as Bucksnort
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all ,
Here is my itinerary:

No code has to be inserted here.

Renting a car/van for the family and eating Lobster every night with trimmings of other seafood.

Plan on seeing the USS Constitution and taking a tour while in Boston (old Navy guy) :)

any other things that are MUST DO! on this itinerary?

·
New England Regional Moderator
3,647 Posts
Glad to see you’re going to the Boston Navy Yard. Like I said it’s a great little place. And the Constitution, I lov seeing that ship. Turn into a little kid every time.

·
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose visiting the USS Constitution would be considered a pilgrimage for a retired Navy guy :grin:

and yes I plan to eat lobster rolls as much as possible and lobster sushi/sashimi.

I plan to visit some salt making companies too.

Are there any other must see attractions that I and my two 13 YO boys might like to see?

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
You might enjoy this if you have time:
By Land & Sea: The Bath Iron Works Story - Maine Maritime Museum

Sounds like this might be on your path:
Roosevelt Campobello International Park

There used to be a ferry between ME and NS if you want to swap some driving for a mini cruise.
https://www.ferries.ca/thecat/

I haven't been out to PEI in 25 or 30 years, so I can't give you any current info. It was definitely worth seeing though.

Acadia NP is in there. If the boys want to hit the north end of the AT at Baxter SP, it's not too far out of the way since you'll be driving through the middle of nowhere already. ;)

My kids always liked to visit the Boston museum of science and the aquarium if we were in the area.

Portsmouth NH has the Albacore if you think they'd like to climb around in a sub.
USS ALBACORE - AGSS 569 - Pioneering Research Vessel - Albacore Park - Portsmouth, NH

·
Registered
143 Posts
In PEI definitely try the mussels in a port where the boats are coming, crazy fresh and excellent. Lobster is also a must when you are in the eastern Canadian provinces.

·
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am in Halifax NS now , just arrived and will have dineer in 30 minutes.
I creased the side of the rental car on day one in Maine.

..................Oh well still having a nice vacation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts