Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is John Galt? Well, we may never know the answer to that, but here's the sneaky bastard's truck!!!

[/img]

[/img]

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Nice pictures! I would show you muddy pictures of mine, but right now it is caked with snow. We have about a foot on the ground and it is still coming.

·
on line
204 Posts
B Slater said:
Nice pictures! I would show you muddy pictures of mine, but right now it is caked with snow. We have about a foot on the ground and it is still coming.
Lucky, I wish we had snow to play in here in KY. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for snow this winter.

·
on line
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost a year now. I just recently took off the stupid mud flaps and the fragile side steps. I also recently put on the A/T's.

B Slater: I'm originally from Michigan- went to WMU and I've been recently transplanted into Minneapolis. My girlfriend is still in Kalamazoo and she said it's snowing like crazy. We don't have snow here yet in Minn. but it is 6 degrees with a wind chill of -10!

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Cool I graduated from GVSU with my engineering degree in 2002. We do have a ton of snow right now. Michigan is a nice place!

·
on line
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lostboy,

I was actually in Michigan over Thanksgiving. I was up in "the Thumb" on an old farming road that had been washed out long ago. It was still firearm deer season that weekend and when I came bustin' up through what was now like a glorified rut through the woods, a hunter was standing in the way of the road. I thought he would be all pissed that I was making so much noise, but instead he said he was amazed I made it up the trail. He said "Holy sh*t! I thought I was hearing things and then I see this big shiny black truck coming up the hill. I thought for sure you were half in the bag!!"

Unfortunately, I wasn't half in the bag, as it would have made more sense to me (and my snickering girlfriend) as to why I put a 1/4" wide scratch down the entire length of the vehicle, from the front fender to the rear bumper...That was a bummer to discover the next time I washed it. Oh well, I guess that's why I didn't buy a Lexus!

·
on line
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:drunken: Wow, I actually found a "drunk" smily... It's (perhaps Midwestern) slang for being two sheets to the wind...drunk...

·
on line
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the compliment, xterrapickles! I'm running size 265/75 16. They're a huge improvement in off-road capabilities over the stock Long Trails. Luckily, I put them on just before I drove through a huge snow storm in Wisconsin, and those damn tires are so hooked up, I could barely get the VDC to activate when driving like an idiot in the deep snow!

I expected to get a lot more road noise from these tires over stock, but noise is minimal. The one thing that went down is ride quality. The truck seems to ride a lot more harsh now on road, but oh well- it's no Caddy! Overall, I'm completely satisfied w/ these tires- well worth the money.

-John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts