Model: Xterra
Trim: S
Color: Super Black
Transmission: Automatic Five Speed

Suspension/Tire/Wheels
  • 2" TGC Spacers
  • Extended Leaf Shackles
  • Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks
  • LT265/75R16 Toyo Open Country A/T II (6 Ply)

Armor
  • Stock Radiator Skid
  • Stock Transmission Skid
  • Stock Engine Skid

Electrical
  • KC 100W Slim Lites mounted behind grill

Other Exterior Mods
  • Plastidipped front bumper silver
  • Removed mud flaps
  • Plastidipped badges on Rear
  • Plastidipped rear bumper

Interior Mods
  • Wire rear shelf
  • Rolling tool chest with 2 tool boxes under passenger seat and 2 under rear bench
  • Weather Tech all weather mats

Back-story
My old car was a '97 Mercury Grand Marquis which I had the unfortunate luck of totaling. I went about 2 months car-less as I was in my final year of school. I got my X in early April and its now my daily driver and weekend fun vehicle. I don't plan on taking it off road too much unless I am in the Pines with my buddies in Jersey so I plan on keeping it relatively low key for now. I am definitely enjoying it though and glad to see there is a group of people who like their vehicles as much as I like mine. I currently am still getting settled after the wonderful journey that is private college and figuring out my student loan BS. Hopefully I can save up for more parts soon.

Blow Torch was not used in the process. I was cleaning the garage while waiting for the paint to dry.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally joined the big boy club and finished installing my lift. I did not expect 3" + 1/2" of tires to make that much of a difference getting in and out but it definitely has. Will post a completed photo after work.

Rear Install

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cut the mesh out of the grill and installed new mesh to better accommodate the lights. Still pointing slightly upward but better than it was. I still have a 20" light bar to mount in the gap somewhere.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice work! I too am going to keep my X low key, but I think we have different definitions of low key since I don't plan on a lift.

Not sure how you guys do it. Roof racks, lifts... my car already only has a few inch gap before I wouldn't be able to get into my garage. Cars in 1978 when my house was built weren't so tall.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice work! I too am going to keep my X low key, but I think we have different definitions of low key since I don't plan on a lift.

Not sure how you guys do it. Roof racks, lifts... my car already only has a few inch gap before I wouldn't be able to get into my garage. Cars in 1978 when my house was built weren't so tall.
Thanks! I live in the city and park on the street, so height isn't usually a problem and most garages around me are tall enough to accommodate the lift. Worst case scenario, I will use the gf's car.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My spacers live on! lol, looks great man!
Yes they do! Painted them with some of the antirust rustoleum and then fought with my smart but dumb friend on how to install them. He works in a Jeep shop so all he knows is solid axle. I got a lot more lift than I expected too. I am really happy with how it came out. Thanks again!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts