Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
on line
134 Posts
Schweet! I love JL. Our 300M is full of it and no complaints.

·
on line
559 Posts
Finally! I was waiting for a Stealthbox to come out for our rigs. Any ideas how much?

·
on line
589 Posts
SWEET! I was going to build a custom box in that location, but that saves ALOT of time and stress. Though the wife is rolling her eyes...and I quote,

"How much is THIS going to cost?"

I explained not too much, it's the sub, replacing all the speakers, the new head unit, and the amp that is going to really hurt... :geek:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Mine was less than $100 Hard to say I can't remember what I paid for the speakers, it was a speaker I pulled out of a two speaker box from another project on a vehicle I sold. So wood, about $15 in the cover, some screws, the speaker and the cover. Less than $100 but about 5 hours time. Pay yourself by the hour what you make at work and there is your price! I should make another one and sell it! MC

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Take the picture of mine to a local real stereo shop have em copy it. There is a certain formula depending on speaker size and all. Plus I advise you move the Cig lighter plug behind the box to where you can get at it. Point out you want to be able to pull your roller out. Leave a little room for air to get back there so the circulation system can work. I am totally satisfied with mine, almost too much bass. I think the floor being so reflective acoustically does it. I might even go 2 8's had I to do it over.

·
on line
844 Posts
(I have too many projects)

I'm working on a speaker "box" for an 8" sub using a piece of 8" PVC pipe. really easy and hopefully it'll sound good! I need to get crackalackin on the system in my buggy.

anyway I mention it because it fits super conveniantly in the opposite back corner, the little elastic net holds it in place perfectly, and it'll only cost about 10 bucks to make the enclosure. so only a 590 dollar savings over the JL but what the heck...

·
on line
589 Posts
It had occurred to me at one point to use the RF 8" box with a thin profile high quality sub that requires very little air volume though I may end up purchasing the rear stealth box.

·
on line
47 Posts
Erick said:
It had occurred to me at one point to use the RF 8" box with a thin profile high quality sub that requires very little air volume though I may end up purchasing the rear stealth box.
Do it! Or you can build a custom box. I'll help while I'm down. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts