Color: Canteen
Mods:

Suspension, Drivetrain, and Tires
Titan lift (front suspension)
-Titan UCA's (removed 09/06/08) and LCA's
-PRG Titan 2.5" Sway-away coilovers
-PRG Titan UCA's
-SLR Chromoly extended CV shafts
-PRG re-machined Bilstein Shock perches (2" lift) (removed 09/06/08)
-PRG 2.5" Spacer (removed 09/06/08)

Rear Suspension
-PRG Adjustable Shackles
-Deaver AAL
-2" rear wheel spacers
-Bilstein 5125 Rear shocks (added 09/30/08)
-Timbren bumpstops with extended spacer/brackets

Drivetrain
ARB Air Locking Rear Differential (The first ARB locked M226 :iconbiggrin:!) (added 09/29/08)

Tires
285/75R16 Dunlop Mud Rovers (were past the wear bar at 30,000 miles replaced on 04/15/09)
315/75R16 BFG All Terrain K/O's (mounted on 04/15/09)

Engine
Volant CAI (10/13/09)

Exterior
4Crawler Rock Sliderz "Ultimate" (welded on to prevent shopping cart damage) (Spring 2007)
Calmini Front Bumper w/ welded-on shackle brackets (compliments to Pinobuilt Fabrication) (added July, 2008)
-SmittyBilt XRC-8 Winch (summer 2008)
Harbor Freight "Super Ultimate" Farmjack (aka Hi-lift) (06/08)
Pinobuilt Fabrication Skidplates (summer 2008)
Blue Torch Fabrication rear differential cover
Coleman Roof Rack (Fall 2007)
-DYI Hi-lift mount
Front Fender trimming (04/15/09)!
Pinobuilt Fabrication rear tire-carrier and bumper (06/2009).

Interior
Lobo shelf (Summer 2008)

Future projects:
-DIY roof rack
-OZX1 snorkel! (Thanks Oz!)
-Waiting for Superior 4.56 R&P gears for my M205 and M226

Comments: No, my X is not green with envy, it's simply one of the three Canteen X's I've seen in person OR on the web. Since coming to this site I have seriously become addicted to modifying my X. Photos and updates will be posted in chronological order. Enjoy!

The following are links to my build page(s), how-to's, etc..
How to: $25 High Lift mount for Yakima/Coleman/Thule/etc Roof Basket
Shackle anti-slap - another alternative
jefenger:Titan Suspension Swap! Completed!
Call me a spineless trend follower (Fender Trimming for 35's)

Photos:

06/06 - Stock, a few months after purchase

07/04/08 - Ocotillo Wells; with Sliders, bumper, and tires

07/04/08

07/08 - Pushing the limits on aproach angle...please ignore the pallet that is on strapped on top..

8/24/08 - Hungry Valley run with SCCX

09/01/08 Mini Squeeze on Bronco Peak Trial, Corral Canyon OHV

09/07/08

09/07/08 Three-wheeling on Sidewinder Trial, Corral Canyon OHV

09/07/08 Going up the rock face on Sidewinder Trial, Corral Canyon OHV

·
on line
5,228 Posts
Nice rig jefenger!

·
on line
3,218 Posts
x4 or 5 now on Canteen*, was that available '07? Great lookin' X.
I really dig the pic of the two Gen2s too, both w/ aftrmkt front bumpers. Yours the Calmini, and the Shrock model.. Not for nothing, but after seeing them like that, I'd pick the Calmini front bumper. I thought I liked the center hoop of Shrocks with the light gaurds off that, but I see it now. I had a CLMNI front on the '01, and credit it w/ saving the lives of my wife, myself, and our (then) unborn son. It's those two solid plates, standing vertically, which bolt to the frame, running through the horizontal plane of the bumper itself that make it so strong (I'm thinkin'). I dropped off a ledge once and stood my truck on it's nose, no problemo. They're built right. Enjoy your truck.
:)

* from 3, slow typing..

Only thing missing from that bumper's the winch and junk I'm selling. Buy it.

·
on line
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not to hijack your X thread, but does anybody know how the SW radiator skid works with the Calmini bumper and front skid?
It doesnt need to - the Calmini skid that's provided with the bumper covers the radiator completely. It bolts to a cross-beam under the frame of the X ;)

·
on line
3,649 Posts
Ahh, so it does wrap under. Okay, I have never seen a Calmini in person and wasn't sure. Thx, I might have to give this one a little more thought! Dang you and putting thoughts of front bumpers in my head.

·
on line
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all regarding the colour and comments. When I was X researching and saw this colour, I knew I had to have it. However, it turned out finding Canteen in a 6spd (S or OR..didn't matter) was a lot harder than I expected. No one in the Bay Area could find it for me. It took my dealer in Walnut Creek about a week to find it in a "sister dealer", in Tahoe! The dealer called me while he was on vacation and told me that they were bringing her to the bay area.

Dbax: They discontinued the colour in '06. Lucky me I guess! :D

·
on line
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Always liked that canteen color. Kudos to you for doing your own Titan Swap. How about this for a Titan Axle?:

Was nice meeting ya in person too.
Oz I'd take that Titan for my front differential and axles ANY day of the year (or millennium?). If he can hold the world, I'm sure 4,500lbs is no sweat. :D

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Awesome rig man! I wish I could have found that color!

·
on line
1,732 Posts
hey guy cant belive didnt see this post b4 ((((ANYTIME))) you go back to Corral leme know wanna go with some people went last time by myself Not a good idea !!! BTW sweet rig !!

·
on line
266 Posts
What da "BIG F". Where did that color come from? I was on the truck like a fly on a sh*t. Had an '02 and wanted an '05 in canteen. I saw it as a possible color. But, when I designed my X, I never seen this color. How da hell and where the hell did you get that?
Now I'm pissed. Got stuck with yellow as that was my 2nd choice back in the day. This bites serious behind.

·
on line
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:D

Well truthfully when I first started looking around I went through ever manufacturer's website and looked at colour options just for fun. Then of course, I saw the Canteen X.

It took a dealer a week to find my Canteen X, in 6sp w/ 4x4.

They discontinued this colour after 2006.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts