Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the new Jeep Patriot? I think it's pretty nice actually, and got a lot of really cool features (like the flip-down liftgate speakers and ipod holder). I think their off-road model also has a rear locker.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
All these crossover things are just lame. Go Rubicon or Go home!
i'd trade my X for that 4dr Rubicon Unlimited in a second!

·
on line
51 Posts
I test drove one of those Patriots, but ruled it out fairly quickly--it was the most affordable of my potentials, so I really wanted to like it. However, the view from the rear-view mirror is 15-25% blocked by the backseat headrests, and the back window is very small or is really far back or something. You can barely see out the back.

Also I just couldn't get past Jeeps jingoist marketing thing--Liberty, Patriot (with engines called Freedom Drive I and Freedom Drive II). All a bit too Orwellian-sheeple-mobile-ish for me.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
lifeinthesouth, I too have salivated over that new Rubi. But it's underpowered and doesn't handle like our X. And I'm really starting to like the fact that I don't have a Jeep and I don't have a Toyota! A capable X really raises eyebrows: Jeeps are a dime a dozen.

·
on line
186 Posts
What Dodge car did they put on steroids this time, then call it a jeep?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts