Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before I put down my money and have the Cooper dealer order 5 of these for me and essentially forcing a commitment on me, I need to know for sure if anyone has place this size tire on a non-lifted X yet (I've seen them on this site on Xterra's with a variety of lift but I haven't yet come across any on stock height vehicles).

Thanks all
Jeff Patterson

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I am running 275/85/16 cooper St-t on stock height, they rub but just like posted above, do the Melt mod.

·
on line
259 Posts
Re: I've decided to buy Cooper STT 255/85/16 tires asap, but

07BlackOR said:
before I put down my money and have the Cooper dealer order 5 of these for me and essentially forcing a commitment on me, I need to know for sure if anyone has place this size tire on a non-lifted X yet (I've seen them on this site on Xterra's with a variety of lift but I haven't yet come across any on stock height vehicles).

Thanks all
Jeff Patterson
Please post pics.

·
on line
17 Posts
i just got a set of terra grapplers from just tires with the road hazard for 550 out the door.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
^X2

·
on line
1,206 Posts
willgr1 said:
atekt said:
I am running 275/85/16 cooper St-t....
he means he's running 285/75/r16 like is signature says...it's also a 33" tire, but wider than the 255/85s
Wow, my bad. Thanks for the correction :geek:

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, I go to the Cooper guy to order my tires and first he tried to talk me out of them saying that I need to stick with the stock size and he won't put on tires other than that. After talking to this guy for a while he finally agrees and gives me a price of $200 + $20 for balancing and putting on + NY$ tire disposal fee (or something similar) + he wouldn't have them in until after the holidays. I got pissed and went down the road and ordered stock size Goodyear Silent Armor tires for $173 each total out the door.

Sorry for getting anyone pumped up to see the 255 pics but I suspect that it'll be a while now until I change out these Goodyears.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts