Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pictures and videos of the X out playing around this past weekend when we were down at Pismo for Huckfest.

I'm not sure where all of the videos went, but these pictures may be from different videos. I'm trying to get my hands on them but don't have them yet.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/theXkid95/media/IMG_3330_zps22746cf5.mp4.html

Got the X out on the whoops a few times and this run I got it up to exactly 60 before I decided to back down. It did surprisingly well.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/theXkid95/media/IMG_3332_zps450026d1.mp4.html

·
Registered
277 Posts
Awesome pictures! Did the truck handle those jumps ok?

·
Registered
339 Posts
It might just be me but I'm pretty sure I see some Truck of the Month photos here!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An you wonder why you're having problems with your shocks???
Still looks fun as sheet though. :thumbup:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
haha my improvised shock mount setup and borrowed shocks did okay until the upper shock bolt broke off along with the "adjustable mount". I cannot wait to have a solid rear shock setup... then I might get some really sweet pictures of stuff like this!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I find it funny that I jumped it multiple times and drove it 14 hours home towing a trailer with absolutely nothing wrong, and you still feel the need to make that remark haha putting a suspension setup such as the Titan swap on the X can handle a small jump like that with ease.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Yes jumping is rough on the truck, but he has put considerable time and money into setting up his suspension for this type of activity.

Nice pics!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you may just want to go buy a polaris rzr.and not destroy your new truck.
And if I wanted a RZR I would spend the 20k building a buggy that was more capable. They're fun as hell, don't get me wrong but that's just not my thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
^^Aren't you getting a Raptor :D That would be fun in this environment as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
a) amazing pics!!!! please post up video when you find it/get a chance

b) haters gonna hate

c) GOPRO that stuff!!! maybe even mount one on the dash?!! I'm dying to see what that would look like from the cabin!!!

+1 sir!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'm sure he'll actually put it to use too, unlike the 80% of Raptor owners that have never taken them offroad haha :violent1:
Quoted for effing truth !!

Nice action shots . How hard is the impact when landing ? My Guess its not bad on the soft sand. Ive been in my buddys cherokee when he launched it off a 5' ledge onto grass and she felt hard lol.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts