Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Shrock sliders yesterday, and stayed up until midnight after a six hour drive in a tactical vehicle just to install them.

But then at lunch today someone got me, and they were not even kind enough to leave a note.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
On base? Insured? The insurance payout should nicely offset the cost of a new shrock bumper..

(bummer 'bout the bumper too)

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the insurance (USAA), This is the first claim I have ever made with them, so I am not to sure how it will work out. I don't plan on getting the Shrock bumper, but if by some chance I come out on top of the deal ( I highly doubt it though) some skids might be in the works.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
That's not a tap either, someone caught you pretty good.

·
on line
4,594 Posts
What's wrong with people nowadays?

X2.

USAA is pretty good about things. I wouldn't expect any problems.
Here's the number: 877-474-7625 :D

On the other hand, you may be able to doink that hard plastic somewhat back into shape. A bit of heat here and there; who knows?

The foglight on the on the other hand is toast.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Hey one good thing about this hit, it will give you a reason to get a shrock front bumper, and that bumper will totally get rid of that dent. Good thing it didn't get the metal, at least from the pics you posted. Bummer though getting a hit on the X. :blackeye:

·
on line
1,114 Posts
DBAX said:
On base? Insured? The insurance payout should nicely offset the cost of a new Shrockworks bumper..

(bummer 'bout the bumper too)

You'd be astonished how much that plastic bumper costs. Get yourself a real bumper now.

I have USAA, too. They're pretty good. They shouldn't give you any grief over a piddly claim like this.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Word of wisdom from having been there years ago in a similar situation...

Try and get an adjuster/estimator to come out and assess the damage and give you a number, rather than taking it to a shop for an estimate. Don't know if it always works out this way, but when I had a previous truck hit, I took it to 3 shops, and sent the highest estimate to the insurance company expecting a check, and thinking I'd then take it to the cheapest shop and pocket the change. They ended up sending me a check, but it was written directly to the repair shop for the estimate I sent them. A short time later, someone else hit it again, but I had the insurance adjuster assess it, and the insurance cut the check to me.

Again, not sure if it always turns out this way, but just something to consider so you aren't snuck with a new factory bumper when it may be about the cost of an upgrade ala Shrock, etc.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
problem i've had with insurance adjusters (and this could just be my experience) is they tend to under estimate the repair bill then the shop has to comp the insurance company....and they don't always like that.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
willgr1 said:
problem i've had with insurance adjusters (and this could just be my experience) is they tend to under estimate the repair bill then the shop has to comp the insurance company....and they don't always like that.
Yeah, suppose it is hit and miss. I had good luck (read: big check :geek: ).

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It looks like I'm going the shop route. They have the estimate so far at only 433.76 (bumper, fog light clips and labor) They said it may rise once they get the bumper off. I take it in Monday and they say I should have it back by Wed, although I think more like Friday.

Truth is I'm not really looking to make any money off the deal, I just want it to look like it did. Now if it were possible to just go to the store and pick up a Shrock Bumper, I might have tried to get the estimate reevaluated. The wait of four to five months would kill me, and I don't think I'm quite ready for a Shrock bumper anyways. I drive to many miles daily and the weight of that bumper would kill my gas bill, not that it's low now.

Try and get an adjuster/estimator to come out and assess the damage and give you a number, rather than taking it to a shop for an estimate.
This probably would be true, when my old Frontier was broken into the Insurance Company (Progressive) gave me $1800 for stereo and damage when I paid about $900 for the stereo equipment, and as far as damage I used Windex and Armor-All and 75 cents to clean up the glass and blood and $65 bucks to replace the Center panel they had ripped out to get to the stereo. I have USAA and they said if I wanted there adjuster to look at it, it would take four to five days, I wanted it fixed when I found it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts