Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my new xterra a few months back, and while I am very pleased with the vehicle, I do have signal issues with my satellite radio. In the city it works great, but when I leave the city it cuts in and out, while my friend who owns a dodge pickup has zero issues with his satellite radio no matter where he is.

Is there a known issue with the satellite radio for the new Xterras?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply's...some great info, just a couple more questions.

Where is the "wetbox"? And I am guessing there is no fix for this.

Hey Maxwell, I just did a quick Google search of spotify. Seems pretty straight forward, do you stream it from your phone to your xterra stereo via Bluetooth?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
The wetbox is the plastic box with the handle that stores wet items. I put my XM antenna on the dash by the windshield. Works fine exceot in tunnels or heavy tree cover

Thanks for the reply's...some great info, just a couple more questions.

Where is the "wetbox"? And I am guessing there is no fix for this.

Hey Maxwell, I just did a quick Google search of spotify. Seems pretty straight forward, do you stream it from your phone to your xterra stereo via Bluetooth?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok..I thought that was what he meant by the wetbox, but I just wanted to make sure. Is it much trouble to move the stock antenna?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
You might be better off unplugging the roof one and adding another on the dash and checking for improvement. Or adding on on the roof at the rear if you dont use a rack or cargo box. Here is a description how to locate the tuner.
get an antenna like this
http://www.amazon.com/Terk-XMICRO2-...d=1390761509&sr=8-1&keywords=xm+antenna+fakra
I dont have xm built in but I have th antenna velcroed to dash by windshield and ran the cable down by popping off the dash bin. Works fine except in tunnels or heavy tree cover. Might be like that with any location though

ok..I thought that was what he meant by the wetbox, but I just wanted to make sure. Is it much trouble to move the stock antenna?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I stream spotify to my phone and plug it up through the AUX input so it comes out of the speakers. Works well for me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You're not the only one with crappy reception. Most of us X owners have the same problem due to the wet box. Does the new 14' X stream music from your iPod (or other device) via Bluetooth? Without the need of a auxiliary cord?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, it has Bluetooth streaming audio. But it will only stream what is currently playing. If you want to select playlists then you have to plug it in, and if you plug it in when Bluetooth is already connected things get flaky.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts