Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone elese had a problem with the trim around the shifter cracking? I just bought my X 2 days ago and it cracked, dealer wont replace it so I have to but has anyone had an issue with this or know where to find this piece other than the dealer?

·
on line
37 Posts
youve had it for 2 days and it cracked. I would insist that the dealer replace it. Unless it was your fault. Go down there and stay there until they fix it. Better yet, Nissan sends out a form you fill out in a month or so about your experience with the dealer and your salesperson. Tell them you will leave negative remarks. They might fix it then...

·
on line
1,479 Posts
agreed, If that is of no avail call another dealership and tell them your problem they might be able to fix it under warranty

·
on line
280 Posts
When mine was new, and they pulled off the protective factory plastic, they ripped off the finish of the shifter plate. I called them on it and it was replaced right away under warranty. Took an hour. I wanna say it was about a $40 part, if you had to pay.

·
on line
3,484 Posts

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I called them and they said they would'nt fix it and it is not under warranty, but I like the excuse about the trim kit, looks good, how much was it if you dont mind me asking? also does that replace the factory parts or is it more of a cover?

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in sarasota dealing with gettel nissan, I have not been to thier svc. dept. yet but I talked to the guy in parts on the phone, I have an appt. tomorrow at 2pm for the belt squeal/chirp noise, maybe I can get them to replace it, has anyone had something like this replaced under warranty?

·
on line
13,466 Posts
My recently ex gf lived in sarasota..............Nice place. I say go to the dealership and raise some hell. They will move fast as possible if you go in and put it like this......." Im going to ask nicely, please fix the broken part. I just got this car and i didnt break it, it was already messed up when i got it OBVIOUSLY. If you dont, and feed me a line of crap, then ill have to make a scene." Helps if you pick a busy time to do it. I had a problem once with my dodge and they tried to tell me they wouldnt fix it even though it was under warrenty. I did exactly what i just wrote and got a favorable response right away. But then again, ive been told im a little imposing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts