Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 07 Off-Road and I want to replace the spare tire (the one on there is the original! Yikes!) but it didn't come with the spare tire kit. Can I just get any compatible kit, or is the OEM one special in some way? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Just got an 07 Off-Road and I want to replace the spare tire (the one on there is the original! Yikes!) but it didn't come with the spare tire kit. Can I just get any compatible kit, or is the OEM one special in some way? Thanks!
Just what are you calling a "spare tire kit"?
Jack and handle? Lug wrench?

I'm confused. :smile:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically I just need the little handle thing that lowers the tire. The rest of the kit would be nice (lug wrench, etc.), because the car came with nothing, so if I get a flat, I'm screwed, ha!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got an extra set at a junkyard that I keep in my recovery bin/kit so I can keep the original set where they belong and not have to dig it out under my gear.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
it didn't come with the spare tire kit.
I'm sure you're aware that the OEM "kit" is stored under the rear passenger seat bottom, right?
;)

Just checking prior to you making an unneeded purchase.

For other future needs, a member of ours (Ramness) frequents pick/pull yards and often gets OEM items for sale here.
Although shipping something like the spare tire tool might be cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The frontier one is significantly longer - to account for the overhang of the box. It will work, but it may not fit under the seat in the little tray. My fronty came with the handle in a canvas bag - that just gets shoved behind the rear seat.

I would find a Xterra one at a wrecking yard - or see if Ramness can find and ship you one. I assume you need the jack also? Hopefully he will also find the screwdriver for adjusting the rack cross bars - not that its a big deal but it fits nicely in the same box.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure you're aware that the OEM "kit" is stored under the rear passenger seat bottom, right?
;)

Just checking prior to you making an unneeded purchase.

For other future needs, a member of ours (Ramness) frequents pick/pull yards and often gets OEM items for sale here.
Although shipping something like the spare tire tool might be cost prohibitive.
Yes, ha! I'm aware. There's nothing there and there's nothing under the cargo area either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
sarge21rvb
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing