Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Don't have exactly what you're looking for, but I have a 10in ATOTO in the 2013 dash. The relative sizing of everything should be the same. Let me know if it's of any interest and I will snap a pic. And photoshop is a great tool for visualizing things if you have any experience with it!

· Registered
2006 Nissan Xterra S RWD 6MT
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Keevohh!
I understand that photoshop is great, but I want to see the actual fitment and the "birds eye" view too. I have seen some units in other cars that show top view of the unit with a 1/2"-1" gap between the dash and the back of the unit and bracket/hardware, which is rather unsightly. The "old" dash was more of a curve to it, compared to your dash (2010-2015). I just want to make a decision of dealing with a 7" unit that fits the double din location and looks like 2000s factory stereo vs upgrading to a 9-10" monitor without compromising the esthetics.

· Registered
2006 Nissan Xterra S RWD 6MT
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a vid from Fletch (he was on here from time to time). Not your exact model head unit, but maybe similar enough to give you an idea.
YouTube vid
That is exactly what I was looking for, dixie!
I appreciate you including the link to the video. I have watched #AllThingsOverlanding before, but didn't see this video yet. This gives me a good idea! Sadly, the air vents are nearly 50% obstructed, but I suppose I can live with that.
I will keep ya'll posted if I purchase and install it.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have tried 2 of these, unknown to me brands, in that style, Eonon and AmazeAudio. I was highly disappointed in the audio quality of both and they were very under powered. They seem to have far less power output than they claim and the audio quality is poor, and it gets much worse, even distorted, when you turn it up passed about 1/3 of its range of volume. To be fair, I have always replaced the factory radio of all my vehicles with something like a Kenwood, Clarion, Sony, or Pioneer and usually along with an amp or 2, and new speakers. I was interested in the idea of the large 10.1 screen and the android operating system for all that app functionality. Unfortunately the brands i'm familliar with that had all the application and Bluetooth features I wanted are in short supply and retail around the $1,500+ range. So I was eager to try the odd companies. I sent them back and just waiting to decide on something more familiar. Both of those radios I tried looked like almost everything was identical, hardware wise, and only slightly different in the graphical user interface. The display panels were slightly different, but the DIN case was identical and most of the attachments and harness looked like they were made by the same company. I suspect the chip and labor shortage is whats holding up production from these more well known brands of better quality products. So it may be a while before we see much variety and lower prices from them. For now I have temporarily installed an old Sony single DIN from 2005 that sounds much better than those other 2 I tried.

· on line
128 Posts
You get what you pay for.....The Apline unit I put in works flawlessly, improved sound quality (I have upgraded speakers, 4x100 Alpine power booster and 1x50 power booster going into a Rockford Fosgate SE Stock sub). The way it moves from Android Auto to the Alpine unit and the way it incorporates Google assitant is unmatched.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts