Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon folks, I recently threw a rod in my 05 x while driving down the highway and I am now on the hunt for a new motor, I'm having trouble locating any with decent mileage on them, anyone have any suggestions? I'm located in the denver area.

I also found one motor that has 96k on it, however compression is at 120psi, I know the factory spec is 180 and although the test on this motor is above 100 and all the cylinders are within 20% of eachother, it still seems a bit lower than I would like, any input you guys have wod be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2007 Xterra Off-Road 6MT
16 Posts
My 07 is getting a new motor right now. I got a reman unit from Powertrain Company in OK. Shipped to the shop in 3 days. Used motors are going to run around $1900-$2500 based on miles, I decided to go the reman route as it was less than $1000 more and I didn’t want to mess around with the many unknowns of a used engine. The reman has updated timing guides so I won’t need to mess around with timing chain issues. I’m doing new injectors/coil packs too since my old motor was abused by the previous owner. Check out my posts…. In Denver too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 07 is getting a new motor right now. I got a reman unit from Powertrain Company in OK. Shipped to the shop in 3 days. Used motors are going to run around $1900-$2500 based on miles, I decided to go the reman route as it was less than $1000 more and I didn’t want to mess around with the many unknowns of a used engine. The reman has updated timing guides so I won’t need to mess around with timing chain issues. I’m doing new injectors/coil packs too since my old motor was abused by the previous owner. Check out my posts…. In Denver too
Thanks for the input. Everywhere I contact about the remanufactured motors says they have no motors coming in so there's nothing to remanufacture. I'll have to check out that place. Out of curiosity, how much did the motor run you and what was the shipping on it?

·
Registered
2007 Xterra Off-Road 6MT
16 Posts
Thanks for the input. Everywhere I contact about the remanufactured motors says they have no motors coming in so there's nothing to remanufacture. I'll have to check out that place. Out of curiosity, how much did the motor run you and what was the shipping on it?
I’ll PM you my quote and their contact info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts