Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Is your modified Xterra also your daily driver?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
on line
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here. I love the X and how it does offroad, but in my last outing seeing how much everyone else was going into the mud and rocks without worry really has me wanting to maybe get a beater.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: The only time I drive the X in town, is to get GAS !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
750 Posts
It's my daily as well but I either work in my home office or use the X for field work which is all compensated. It runs errands as well.

And I look like a bad ass going to Bed, Bath and Beyond. lol

·
on line
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok... another question... What's the proper response to the comment that I get way too often:

"You need to get a second vehicle. You shouldn't out on a Saturday abusing the truck that's gotta get you to work on Monday."

There is logic to this response, but for me I'm not out there whaling around in my truck. That's the big thing that makes me want to get a pure toy vehicle.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
I get that a lot when I'm on the trails from some of the others that I wheel with. I also get the one where they say, "that looks too new to take out on the trails" I just laugh and continue on my way. Of course my wife threatens me that if I break the X one day on the trail she'll be pissed at me. That is why I'm looking to get a 2nd vehicle.

·
on line
1,744 Posts
I don't drive it like I stole it but I do wheel it offroad and too work everyday. If I pooch it up then I run to work or beg a lift from my wife.

·
on line
750 Posts
As for mods, I have found they don't impact the daily drivability that much at all..other than the money spent, of course.

The bigger tires make it a little less nimble but it's not bad.

·
on line
73 Posts
I can’t say mine’s all that modified, but it’s my main transport now and likely will be even as I add all the mods I want.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts