Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J/K... The X is in the shop for the third time for the same thing, the Fuel Sending unit, Probably in an attempt to smooth things over with me, they gave me a rental for the time it will be there. The first two times they gave me a ride to an alternate work place for me, because my normal place of work is about thirty miles from the dealership. When the enterprise guy came and picked me up they told him to make sure and give me the Titan they had just sold to them, and that is what I got. Boy am ever glad I bought an Xterra. I don't think I care to much for the Titan.

This afternoon I got a call from the Service Advisor and guess what he said... "Well we replaced the Fuel Sending Unit" like I didn't already know. I cannot understand why they cannot look further up the line to see what is causing the FSU to go bad. Oh well, but if goes bad again is there any other actions I can take? I really like the Xterra especially after driving this Titan for a day, and besides that I have big plans for the X, I need to get this problem solved.

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read through the papers, partially muddy, but I get the idea. I don't that I would want to claim Lemon Law (at least not for something that small) if it occurs again. Do you think it is possible to take it to another shop and have Nissan pick up the bill of diagnosing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be fixed but I'm not very optomistic considering they called and told me they replaced the Fuel Sending Unit, exactly what they have done the prior two times I have had it in there.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
XVTer said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Possibly, or just let them know that you are looking at the lemon laws. They might get off of their a$$ and do some diagnostic work.
I'm suprised that they didn't do any diagnostics after you have brought it in more than once. Sounds kinda half-a$$ed
That is what I was thinking.

I bet if you put those two words out there they will start to look into it deeper.

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I am going to have to take it in again, same problem. I guess I need to start researching my legal options. Any pointers would be appreciated. Not a huge problem(Fuel Level Sending Unit), but the principal is what really upsets me. When you pay a lot of money for something you expect to be satisified.

·
on line
735 Posts
they need to put in a new dash cluster or computer that runs that stuff. the voltage regulation might be too high and that sender gets cooked.

other than mentioning "lemon law", you might push for an extended warranty after you get their attention.

btw, I got am Armada rental..kind of cushy, but I wouldn't part with 40 large to have my own.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
I recently had mine replaced at 30K. They gave me a Titan 2WD extended cab long bed. It was huge - liked the power but not the size.

Anyway, did they replace yours 3 times, or did they finally replace it on the third trip to the dealer? Why did they charge you a diagnostic fee? Mine was replaced for free (under warranty).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts