Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Scangauge II and am considering mounting it here and drilling a hole at the red spot and adding a grommet for the cable. I want to know if I will be able to replace just this part if I should decide to do so, or will it be the whole panel?

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
on line
278 Posts
Do you just need that piece that flops down into the dash? I am assuming, since that is what is circled. Part 68252P (right in the center of that diagram)???

Wait...is this what you are looking for?

If so, I have mine, from when I cut the hole in my dash for the clino. I am never going to use it again. Honestly don't know why I still have it. But, if this is what you are looking for, then I have one.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
well i would strongly suggest popping it out, and drilling the hole underneith the rubber matt thing, in the back. tht way its covered up. you can make a lil slice in the back end of the rubber piece, to make a relief point fo the cable.
also, its best to make the hole as small as possible, you get get a piece of electrical tape and tape down the lil prong on the EN cable to get it through the hole.
hope tht helps, and sorry to jack ur thread subject a lil..

·
on line
971 Posts
Sorry to threadjack here, but do you guys think that a cover can me made for this pocket section, kind of like how the Altimas have a covered pocket section.

·
on line
384 Posts
If you are going to drill a hole, plan on making your own cable. The cable that comes with the ScanGuage has a standard Ethernet (RJ-45) connector on the one end. A regular, straight-thru CAT5 cable can be used to extend the length of the ScanGuage cable.

When I mounted mine (in the cubbyhole (How To coming)), I drilled a hole that was just big enough for CAT5 cable and ran it through the hole, then I put the RJ-45 end on it. On the other end, I put a female RJ-45 connector on it and located it under the dash. This allows for a very small hole to be drilled and also gives me the ability to remove my ScanGuage and cable without having to pull it back out of the dash. The patch cord you make stays in place. Otherwise, you end up having to drill a hole big enough to get the connector through and its a PITA if you want to use your ScanGuage in another vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts