Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
331 Posts
no he does not have an SAS. He is running Radflo coil overs. Many people have complained that the AC coils are too stiff.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
seriously dude, for $1200 call greg at prg, you can get a much nicer setup for the same price with radflo coilovers

and sexterra is running the calmini 5" lift with radflo coilovers and alcan leaf packs.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
if you're interested in piecing your lift, i remember someone on the swapmeet forum selling their AC coils pretty cheap.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I totally agree with willgr1... Gregs stuff is far superior to the front components of that lift... and he has the same stuff for the rear. give him a call and see what he can do.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I bought the AC springs and thought they were too stiff - right up to the day I mounted the ShrockWorks front bumper and a 120 pound winch up front. Now they're just fine. I think the springs were designed to have a bit more wieght on them.

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess there are at least a few options for lifting an X. Glad to hear it. Is there anyone who is using shackles in the rear and discovered that they worsened their departure angle? Are using just leaf springs the way to go?

I appreciate all the replies. All I need now is an Xterra! (Oh, I have decided it will be an "S" model when I get one.)

·
on line
1,231 Posts
From the little research I've done, it sounds like if you're happy with the ride and don't plan on doing heavy towing, then shackles is the way to go. If you want a stiffer ride and/or do heavy towing where you would need a little more support, then AAL is the way to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts