Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
damn i get about 200-250 depending on how i drive... everything up top with 285s... i think its low, really really low

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I get about 250 miles at just over 17 gallons if I spend most of my time on the highway. I get about 220 with around town driving. That is basing on the odometer, which is actually off because of the tires.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I am getting about 290 - 300 on 285 MT's. When you factor that the speedo is off by 7% - that would be around 318 miles or 18.7 mpg. I was getting 346 miles to a tank or 0ver 20mpg with the crappy stock 265's.

·
on line
704 Posts
I concur with over 340 miles per tank on Rugger Trails. The first month I had the car, I tracked mileage like there was no tomorrow. With shifting at low RPMs and not exceeding 60mph, I was able to get good mileage. But then I started to have fun :)

·
on line
1,361 Posts
out of 17 gallons I get about 340. But it's mostly highway and I am rollin' stock

·
on line
131 Posts
When I hit 260, I'm on fumes. 230-250 is a good tank for me, and I don't really see much difference btw in town and highway mileage. Most of my driving is around town, and I track it like crazy on a road trip. Drives my wife crazy! Oh yeah, it's mildly lifted (spacers front, shackles rear) and has the stock size Firestone A/T's.

·
on line
735 Posts
that's piss poor if the X is pretty stock. I always get 15-16 mpg no matter how bad I drive. reformulated or winter blend gas doesn't have enough btu content to easily get 20mpg though. but 17-18 should be attainable in a mixed hwy drive.

·
on line
20 Posts
I average about 19 to 20 mpg, but I don't do a lot of city driving. I tend to fill up when I get to half on the gas gauge. That way it doesn't seem to cost so much. If anything, I am most likely hurting my mileage by keeping the tank full as possible. It is purely a psychological thing, but it works for me.

·
on line
13,467 Posts
I can get around 300 miles per 17 to 18 gallons. But today, this tank of gas seems to be crap! Im at half a tank with just over 100 miles on it. But i have been doing a ton of short around town trips on this tank of gas............and passing the random idiots with a little too much speed.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
What really sucks is when I hook up the tent trailer loaded at about 2900lbs. I don't even want to know the milage. I can actually watch the gas gauge needle dropping as I head into the interior. Ouch!!

·
on line
32 Posts
I filled up the other day and got right on the highway and drive about 100 miles. I re-set the auto MPG computer and I watched it the whole way. At some points it was showing 25mpg but by the time 100 miles passed I was at 21.7 mpg which is pretty good. I have stock tires, I just put 40psi in them to get a little less rolling resistance. I also have a K&N and custom dual exhaust. I think all that helps.

·
on line
432 Posts
Something I never see mentioned... it also depends on what gas you buy. Cheaper gas is cheaper for a reason. It has more additives in it that will burn off faster.

Don't believe me? Buy the cheapest gas you can find and see how far you get. Now buy Chevron/BP and see how far you get. I was challenged to do this a few years ago and I've done it several times since. I know there are other variables to this but the gas quality is a bigger one than you think it is.

Try it. Don't buy crap gas :p

- Russell

·
on line
113 Posts
miles said:
Clifton said:
I re-set the auto MPG computer and I watched it the whole way. .
I didnt know the X's had that..?
My 07 SE has it. Think its called a trip computer...it may be an option. Next to your odometer readout, press the little stalk in...the same one that controls your gauge briteness. On mine it switches between 2 different resettable mileage readouts (A and B), distance to empty, average MPG, Average speed, and how many hours you drove since you last reset.
On 87 octane with mostly city driving, im averaging around 19mpg on a stock X with around 7k miles since new.

·
on line
2,125 Posts
i only will use shell and normally get around 100 or so miles to the first quarter of the tank. for a whole tank i average around 17 to 18 mpg. thats in the city and short trip driving. i think it also depends on what grade u get too. i run 89 octane. i was reading that sunoco 87 octane has up to 10% ethonal in it. all 87 cotanes are crap these days. in my opinion. and as far as bp and the such, i actually got less mpg with bp than shell. thats y i always fill up with shell.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts