Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must be something wrong with how my lights are set. Driving at night, I'm actually better driving with low beams, can see better than with my high beams. Looks to me they are pointing way up high, not where I would need them to. Driving with low beams I'm getting a lot of response from other drivers like if I was driving with my high beams (which is not the case). Is there any way I could fix it?

·
on line
2,044 Posts
there is an adjustment module.... but you should also check your shocks, that could cause your truck to point up.
do headlight bulbs wear over time????? I feel that my headlights are not as bright as they should be

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
The X definitely has them, I've adjusted mine a couple of times as I changed the suspension.

I don't know if you drive with your fogs on but I got flashed all the time by on coming traffic if I forgot to turn them off when I got back into town.

·
on line
2,264 Posts
I don't think they do

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Your wrong, they do.

Mine was delivered aimed really high. There is a method of measuring to the center of the bulb, backing up a set distance from a wall, mark a slightly lower point, turn screws until it's aimed. Forgot where I found the details.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
They do. Its a DOT requirement.
You think i managed to titan swap my rig and do all the work myself and somehow didn't know about headlight adjustments

I was saying I don't think they do after you said don't you people know they all have aim adjusters. Maybe i should of quoted you but either way give me some credit geeze.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Your wrong, they do.

Mine was delivered aimed really high. There is a method of measuring to the center of the bulb, backing up a set distance from a wall, mark a slightly lower point, turn screws until it's aimed. Forgot where I found the details.
Oh really!!!!! Yeah you read my post wrong I know how lights work. Thank tho

·
on line
22,508 Posts
You think i managed to titan swap my rig and do all the work myself and somehow didn't know about headlight adjustments

I was saying I don't think they do after you said don't you people know they all have aim adjusters. Maybe i should of quoted you but either way give me some credit geeze.

I see. I miss understood your post. The way it's written can be taken either way. Sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
941 Posts
I normally just let people flash me since i drive with lows and fogs on at all times. Once they do that, I put my high beams on to let them know I'm not driving with my highs on. They stop flashing. Problem solved.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts