Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
on line
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is a TPMS in the stock spare that is already sync'd with the truck?

I am guessing there is not, but can't hurt to ask!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I know Jakedublu had a one installed in his spare(5 tire rotation) and if it bounces just right it occasionally sets off his tpms light.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I've heard that Jeep guys can get the module to be programed from 5-4. Wonder if we could reprogram ours to handle 5 channels.

:reserch time:
You don't have to program anything. On my Rubicon, I ran a 5 tire rotation and never had to do anything but rotate the tires.

I've always been a loyal Nissan fan, but they are really pissing me off lately with how cheap they've become. Their short sightedness will bite them in the ass. It makes me consider going to other mfrs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a valve stem just fail. The shop that tried to change the valve stem told me the TPMS seized. Said they can order a new one from the dealer $130 + $60 labor to install it and reprogram it. For now, I have a standard stem in so at least it doesn't leak - and the TPMS warning annunciator on all the time. Quite annoying. Any suggestions?

·
on line
22,508 Posts
That seems like highway robbery. You can buy 4 tpms units online for that.
I checked with 2 tire shops about adding a tpms to my spare because I rotate all 5.
One shop was $70 and the other would have been free. Neither shop had out in stock though.
That won't work. The Xterra is only able to recognize 4 sensors. Just FYI.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
2,360 Posts
I had a valve stem just fail. The shop that tried to change the valve stem told me the TPMS seized. Said they can order a new one from the dealer $130 + $60 labor to install it and reprogram it. For now, I have a standard stem in so at least it doesn't leak - and the TPMS warning annunciator on all the time. Quite annoying. Any suggestions?
That tire shop is a joke. I bought tires, carried in 4 sensors that you can buy for way less. No charge to program all 4. Just the $60 to program is total BS, you got one money hungry tire shop that need to go out of business. Those prices are probably worse then what a dealer would charge.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Bummer to hear. FYI, the 2005 was the only model year with a buzzer warning noise on the TPMS. The newer model years (06+) have the warning light only.

Luckily mine is an '06 because I don't have any TPMS on my aftermarket wheels (sold them with my stock wheels).

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Bummer to hear. FYI, the 2005 was the only model year with a buzzer warning noise on the TPMS. The newer model years (06+) have the warning light only.

Luckily mine is an '06 because I don't have any TPMS on my aftermarket wheels (sold them with my stock wheels).
Not true. My '09 and '10 make the noise. Not every time, but some times. Not sure why sometimes and not other times. It always makes the noise when it comes on after driving on road trips for a few hrs.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Not true. My '09 and '10 make the noise. Not every time, but some times. Not sure why sometimes and not other times. It always makes the noise when it comes on after driving on road trips for a few hrs.
Well, if that is the case, I'm really glad I have an '06, because mine has never buzzed ever. I know some people with 07s that have never heard a TPMS buzzer either...maybe Nissan brought the TPMS buzzer back for '09???
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
22,508 Posts
My 05 will beep, but only the very first time it lights up, for about 2 seconds. Then it's silent no matter how many times you start and drive the truck. So, it doesn't really bug me when I'm out wheeling and aired down all weekend, because it's only the one time.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
This is the first vehicle I’ve had with TPMS, the one time I did run over something and a tire started deflating it was nice but the light turning on with temperature change is getting annoying. First time it got a little cold this year it came on just as it has the last 3 years since I bought it. Got a little colder yesterday so it’s on again, but of course I don’t know which tire. How hard would it have been to program the little scrolling message to include which tire is low?

I have never heard a chime for it but 11+ plus gets this

1 - 20 of 27 Posts