Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a big dealership service. New transmission due to Auto transmission cooler issue. "luckily" I only had to spend 2500 to get it all replaced due to the class action settlement, but checking everything out at home I noticed the transmission pan is basically out in the open. I couldn't remember, but is there supposed to be a factory skid plate for that or not?

Also is there a transmission dipstick anywhere? I couldn't find one.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No factory skid, but aftermarket are available (Shrock, Hefty, Etc)

If I remember correctly its on the passenger side of the motor close to the firewall near the header. Its bolted down also, Nissan does not want owners checking their trans fluid level...

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
There's a thread out there on Skids. Search and you'll find drawings to make your own

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
C'mon man, you've been a member since 2007 and don't know the answer to either of these...or atleast that you can use the search function on this forum and find the answer to both of them?

There is a ridiculous amount of info out here on both topics.

There is also a ridiculous amount of info on the radiator bypass that would have saved you from having to spend that $2500. It's a known, well documented issue with the Xterra that has happened to quite a few people on this forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts